Kemper Kab with built in power amp???

• Looks good to me. At a glance it looks pretty close to the Dumble 2x12 but the rear oval is maybe a bit bigger in your case.

Dumble Specs:

Dumble 2.12 cab dimensions

Height, 21" Width, 28" Depth, 12.75"

The port dimensions are: 16.25" wide and the height is 9.0", centered.

• Well, as of this writing looks like we finally have a Kemper Kab with built in power amp... Is 1x12 / 200w enough to be heard over a loud drummer or is it best to load a 2x12 cab with kemper kones/ or celestion and have bigger power supply like the Duncan 700w? options???

• Well, as of this writing looks like we finally have a Kemper Kab with built in power amp... Is 1x12 / 200w enough to be heard over a loud drummer or is it best to load a 2x12 cab with kemper kones/ or celestion and have bigger power supply like the Duncan 700w? options???

200W in 1x12 for guitar, is more than enough to be heard over loud drummer imo.

What you would gain with a 2x12 or 4x12 has more to do with tone than loudness... it would give a "thicker" sound, since there are more speakers moving air.

• 200W in 1x12 for guitar, is more than enough to be heard over loud drummer imo.

What you would gain with a 2x12 or 4x12 has more to do with tone than loudness... it would give a "thicker" sound, since there are more speakers moving air.

I'm used to either 2x12 or 4x12 cabs with a 100w head, they do move more air but never really had a 1x12 that could conquer a drummer.

• no offense, but if someone saying that 1x12 is enough to be heard over a loud drummer hasen't obviously played with a really loud drummer for Rock or Metal. Tried it several times with a 100W Tube head + 1x12 V30.

You might get heard but there is no buttom end. Just noe enough punch.

Yesterday I took my Kabinet with my Kemper with built in power amp to rehearse with a jazz drummer. There it worked without problen. But he's very disciplined so with him you can play without ear protection.

Tomorrow I will take it to rehearshal with our Rock drummer :) just to doublecheck again.

I'll keep you posted. Maybe the Kabinet does some magic....

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• no offense, but if someone saying that 1x12 is enough to be heard over a loud drummer hasen't obviously played with a really loud drummer for Rock or Metal. Tried it several times with a 100W Tube head + 1x12 V30.

You might get heard but there is no buttom end. Just noe enough punch.

Yesterday I took my Kabinet with my Kemper with built in power amp to rehearse with a jazz drummer. There it worked without problen. But he's very disciplined so with him you can play without ear protection.

Tomorrow I will take it to rehearshal with our Rock drummer :) just to doublecheck again.

I'll keep you posted. Maybe the Kabinet does some magic....

I have rehearsed and gigged with my Kabinet. I play in a metal band...no issues...our drummer like many is a thumper.

I have no issue with bottom end, seems to have plenty there so let me know how you got on and if you ran out of headroom. The challenge is more around cut than volume..

BTW I am not saying its sounds the same as a 4 x 12 but but defo a cross over btw FRFR and trad cab.

I have also bought another Kabinet and interestingly the sound running 1x12 is virtually the same as 2x12....bottom end. spread etc...

• now I'm really curious ho it's gonna turn out in the evening! Of course I'll let you know about the result. I will A/B it with the 4x12 Marshall.

Did you put it on the floor without bass boost or did you place it somewhere higher with bass boost?

Interesting what you say about a second Kabinet... so you would not recomend to get a second cabinet for a fuller sound?

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• Interesting what you say about a second Kabinet... so you would not recomend to get a second cabinet for a fuller sound?

I'm no expert on cabinet design but from my limited understanding I believe the fuller sound you desire is more to do with internal cabinet dimensions than never of speakers. I.e 2 112 cabinets is not the same as one larger 212 cabinet.

I know what you mean about bass thump but in general less is more when it comes to cutting through. If a single 12 isn't loud enough (not the same as having bass end thump) then the and are too loud. I hope you are wearing hearing protection. That's not a judgement just a regret from someone who spent their first 20+years without hearing protection and is paying the price now.