Kemper Kab with built in power amp???

• Whenever you change your monitoring system you need to re-look at your whole sound. FRFR sounds quite different to the Kone.

In other words, the Kone will sound different not instantly "better".

When I go back to FRFR I don't like it.

That is true. I like the Kone but from time to time I use my FrFr to make sure that the sound going to FOH still works. This is mainly directed to the level of effects. What pleases you via Kone does not necessarily please any else via FOH. Tricky it become but great from the view of monitoring.

• I have a 2x12 with kones and a 2x12 with v30's. Going back and forth between the two. Should I get two more kones or v30's to have (2) 2x12 cabs and space them out. Real world problems

Well I'm no scientist but wouldn't that be up to your ears? Which do you like better or does a blend of both sound good? I'm swapping out my 30's for Kones in hopes that I achieve more clarity and definition especially in the high gain profiles. I will be installing kones real ssoon.

• Well I'm no scientist but wouldn't that be up to your ears? Which do you like better or does a blend of both sound good? I'm swapping out my 30's for Kones in hopes that I achieve more clarity and definition especially in the high gain profiles. I will be installing kones real ssoon.

Hope you like them. Just be aware that there is a big difference between Guitar speakers and Kones and although the imprints emulate V30's it odes start with the profiles and might show up "weak" profiles.

• Well I'm no scientist but wouldn't that be up to your ears? Which do you like better or does a blend of both sound good? I'm swapping out my 30's for Kones in hopes that I achieve more clarity and definition especially in the high gain profiles. I will be installing kones real ssoon.

Please keep us posted

My intention is to be more flexible. Experimenting with my Kabinet I can say that if I only needed a good V30 sound, I would stick with the V30s. Anyway, the Kone gets pretty close to the real V30 in my opinion.

For me the really interesting thing is to be able to sound good with high gain and then switch to a Fender Bassman sound for example. So you just have to swap the guitars and you can go immediately from Metal sounds to Rockabilly for example.

And sometimes for my ears some Profiles sound best without imprints, just leaving it with the original profiled speaker.

I'm also looking forward to try how 2x12 Kone sounds for Bassamp Profiles

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• So far so good. 2 Kones installed and marshall cab cranks! Now the fun begins in finding those elusive few magical profiles. With 800 factory sounds it's hard finding those few golden tones...

Do you guys have that same journey sifting through 100's of sounds? There are so many and yet I still want to buy a few packs from M Britt and Friedman. Lol

Lookin' good!

I have found myself buying pro made packs.

One reason is that I trust the quality.

Another reason is that they are most often volume balanced between the rigs, which makes making Performances much less hassle.

• Do you guys have that same journey sifting through 100's of sounds?

Simplistic answer is yes. One of the issues with the KPA is the amount of options.

My personal view is:

1) Looks for amps you like or think you would like to narrow your search

2) Try something, if you like it, save it. If you don;t, move on. In other words limit your time on tweaking, certainly initially.

3) go back to the sounds you down selected and re-listen - you will surprised at how different they sound

4) Always check your sounds how you intend to use them i.e. profiles sound very different at live gig volume

I found myself challenging the sounds I thought I liked...

Have fun!

• This!!!

I would add that if you gig live, be sure to listen to them in the full context of the band. Lots of times I have found a sound "I LOVED" and found that it sounded like crap in the song I wanted to use it in ;).

• Hi Guys,

Ordered a Powered Kabinet and it's on its way. Can someone please let me know where the imprints sit in the virtual signal chain now?

At the very end like a real guitar amp or before the post amp fx?

• So far so good. 2 Kones installed and marshall cab cranks! Now the fun begins in finding those elusive few magical profiles. With 800 factory sounds it's hard finding those few golden tones...

Do you guys have that same journey sifting through 100's of sounds? There are so many and yet I still want to buy a few packs from M Britt and Friedman. Lol

for 800 tones check out Matt fig profiles… the super lead and Gower JTM he also has a 800