Low output from Kemper

• So when I'm using my kemper the volume from it is very low. I have to crank the volume on my audio interface for it to be loud, which makes the volumes very un-even if I want to jam along to a track from youtube for example. But when I'm recording in Ableton and listen back to what I've recorded, the volume is loud and normal like it should be (When I have normal volume on my audio interface, not cranked) Is there a setting inside the kemper I should know of? I'm using a motu 4 pre interface. And from the kemper I plug into mic line 1 and 2 (with a quarter inch cable) [Blocked Image: https://www.djservice.se/bilder/produkter/2/IDS0014233.jpg]

• There are many level controls in the output menu which - if the settings are low - can limit your output volume. Check them out to see what is actually being routed to the outputs you are using and what settings are applied.

• There are many level controls in the output menu which - if the settings are low - can limit your output volume. Check them out to see what is actually being routed to the outputs you are using and what settings are applied.

Thanks for your answer...nothing seems to be at low level at the main out -12db is not activated too. Am I suppose to go from monitor out from the kemper into the sound card? Really clueless here

• Main outs or SPDIF are recommended. The Volume knob on front panel right controls output level of whichever outputs (any or all) are linked to it. This could be turning down your line level if it is low to suit your headphones for example.

• The difference between the low volume while you're recording and the normal volume when playing back a recorded track makes me think of some kind of phase cancellation issue.

Are you using a direct monitoring feature on your audio interface? In that case, make sure you're not also monitoring the track to which you're recording through your DAW (in Ableton Live, set the track's monitoring option to "Off" instead of "On" or "Auto"). It's possible that those two monitoring streams, due to the latency of software monitoring, may largely cancel each other out.

• The difference between the low volume while you're recording and the normal volume when playing back a recorded track makes me think of some kind of phase cancellation issue.

Are you using a direct monitoring feature on your audio interface? In that case, make sure you're not also monitoring the track to which you're recording through your DAW (in Ableton Live, set the track's monitoring option to "Off" instead of "On" or "Auto"). It's possible that those two monitoring streams, due to the latency of software monitoring, may largely cancel each other out.

Thanks for your answer...yea monitor is off in ableton. Everything from the computer is at good volume. But the Kemper is really low...Maybe it's something with my audio interface? Still havent been able to figure this out :(

• Hmmm .... I read some days ago about a "bug" in cab settings ...... :/

One of the parameters should be set at zero , but I don´t remember

which one .... I don´t have that problem myself, so I did not pay much attention :pinch:

Try to adjust settings in cab section and se what happens :/

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I just tried headphones plugged straight into the Kemper and have the same problem.

I played with all parameters in the cabinet tab but made no difference.

I think there's a serious problem with my Kemper.

I just tried a few more profiles and noticed all profiles with a low gain setting give me unusable low output, no matter how high I crank both volume and master volume.

Even when I crank the gain to the max on any profile I don't get real distortion. My profiles only reach the "breaking up sound" at max gain but not full on distortion.

I tried loads of profiles now and all have the exact same issue