Questions before buying Profiler

• Although, 'need' is unnecessarily confining. Truly justifying a need for more guitars to someone else gets messy. Any married guitarist likely knows this.

After several years, my wife finally understood my answer to her 'need' question: "Sweetheart, you're using the wrong term. I *don't* need another guitar."

My wife: Then wh.....(me interrupting) "Need has nothing to do with anything. The term is want.....as in I want more guitars." (in theory, no justification is necessary. However, 'want' is the semi-adult version of "Because....." as an answer.

After a few days, she'll usually talks to me again.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If you really like getting into the tall grass and spending hours sculpting your tones, you can pick a good basic profile that gets you most of the way there and then tweak to your heart's content. However, unlike the amp modeling approach that Fractal and Line 6 employ, you don't have to. That was a big selling point for me.

Anyway, hope this is useful. People often assume that all amp modeling products are the same at heart, but the Kemper is its own thing. I think that's why it's done so well.

This is something I LOVE about the Kemper, and its something I try to explain to people. Many extremely uninformed people believe profiles are stuck where they're at sonically because they're basically a snapshot of a tone. But that's just not true at all. With the Kemper, there's actually a lot of tweak-ability so you can change the way a profile sounds.

The major distinction between the typical modelers approach and Kempers approach is that although you can tweak the profiles and have a lot of flexibility, you don't have to in order to get a great tone. You can get a great tone fast and because profiles are dialed in already. But if you want to basically build a tone from sceatch, you can do that too by using a profile and tweaking it and changing the cab and you can basically take the same approach as you would with a modeler and get great results that way too.

The Kemper is such an awesome unit because it's capable of plug and play for the people that don't want to mess with tweaking much, and it's also capable of tweaking the profiles quite a lot so you can get almost any tone you want. And it truly sets the Kemper aside from the competition and imo gives it a big advantage. It's definitely part of why it's done so well, like you said ^^

• Sure you can tweak a lot. But for me, if it doesn't sound great as soon as I load one, I delete it. A tiny tweaking like a little more treble/presence, or a little less of it, sure. But more than that, no.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• This is something I LOVE about the Kemper, and its something I try to explain to people. Many extremely uninformed people believe profiles are stuck where they're at sonically because they're basically a snapshot of a tone. But that's just not true at all. With the Kemper, there's actually a lot of tweak-ability so you can change the way a profile sounds.

I don't think everyone thinks that, but your point is a good one - people misunderstand the snapshot.

The way I view it:

You are unlikely to turn a crap profile into a good one via tweaking

Tweaking a good profile can make it better. It doesn't make it worse ( and this is the main point) it only takes you away sonically from the reference amp, which often isn't a problem

People are either tweakers or not. I'm not, I want instant gratification, then I tend to settle. Hence I try a profile, if I like it I keep it, if I don;t I move on.

• I can confirm as a married guitarist that the sooner you switch the language from "need" to "want" the quicker you get acceptance ( as you'll never get agreement) :)

• I can confirm as a married guitarist that the sooner you switch the language from "need" to "want" the quicker you get acceptance ( as you'll never get agreement) :)

I don't know why most women behave the same way no matter where in the world we live. After all they spend more money on shopping than men do. Ask them how much do they really need all the shoes and cloths they're shopping? :rolleyes: So much they use once or twice or sometimes never and cost a fortune. But they love to nag on their husbands and boyfriends.

I don't have that problem. If I say I'm going to buy another guitar all she says which one? She never question my purchases and neither do I with her. We take care of our economy and bills and what we do after all is paid is up to ourself. I guess I'm lucky. I couldn't stand anyone question why I do for my money. :pinch:

But I guess many of you guys are like me. 200$ for cloths? That hurts and so expensive. A new guitar for 2K? Okay that's a good bargain and I open up the wallet without blinking. ^^

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I don't know why most women behave the same way no matter where in the world we live. After all they spend more money on shopping than men do. Ask them how much do they really need all the shoes and cloths they're shopping? :rolleyes: So much they use once or twice or sometimes never and cost a fortune. But they love to nag on their husbands and boyfriends.

I don't have that problem. If I say I'm going to buy another guitar all she says which one? She never question my purchases and neither do I with her. We take care of our economy and bills and what we do after all is paid is up to ourself. I guess I'm lucky. I couldn't stand anyone question why I do for my money. :pinch:

But I guess many of you guys are like me. 200$ for cloths? That hurts and so expensive. A new guitar for 2K? Okay that's a good bargain and I open up the wallet without blinking. ^^

I make jokes because it's true....but mostly because it's fun. :) My wife is the exception. She *hates* shopping - especially for clothes. Hates it.

When it comes to gear.....I have no such limitations. She admits she doesn't *get* that, but if there's something I'm after she's usually just fine about it. Unless....we just paid our property taxes......or it's the day before or after Christmas (true story). Then.....it takes a bit of essplainin'. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I don't know why most women behave the same way no matter where in the world we live. After all they spend more money on shopping than men do. Ask them how much do they really need all the shoes and cloths they're shopping? :rolleyes: So much they use once or twice or sometimes never and cost a fortune. But they love to nag on their husbands and boyfriends.

This is a light hearted comment from me as well but I guess its not unusual behaviour for any partner to question their other half who spends lots on money on their hobby. I think if the roles were reversed, I'd be questioning it myself!

My wife is ace....but she rarely spends money on herself and is very careful, which makes it more difficult to spoil her.

Hence when I want to buy a £2k guitar (as I did a few months ago) when I already have 22 guitars, she does still ask...hence if I said I "needed it" she'd laugh at me...especially where the money could be used on a holiday, new drive, other stuff for the family which is a fair challenge.

My current deal is I will sell one if I want a new one...this never works out but I do at least try..

We celebrated our 20th Wedding anniversary last week ( which was also the first year without a gig!!) so I must be doing something right and I class myself as very lucky to have such an understanding wife!

• This is a light hearted comment from me as well but I guess its not unusual behaviour for any partner to question their other half who spends lots on money on their hobby. I think if the roles were reversed, I'd be questioning it myself!

My wife is ace....but she rarely spends money on herself and is very careful, which makes it more difficult to spoil her.

We celebrated our 20th Wedding anniversary last week ( which was also the first year without a gig!!) so I must be doing something right and I class myself as very lucky to have such an understanding wife!

That's pretty heartwarming man... very cool! Congratulations. Similar here I can luckily say. Just the one thing to add: The Kemper was my best (amp or studio type) piece of gear bought in the past years. She sees it every day when I am having fun with it, fiddling around at home, in the studio or with the band. Makes two people happy. Nevertheless I feel the responsibility for each and every piece I buy to make sure it reaches a similar level... and that is almost impossible... 8o

• That's pretty heartwarming man... very cool! Congratulations. Similar here I can luckily say. Just the one thing to add: The Kemper was my best (amp or studio type) piece of gear bought in the past years. She sees it every day when I am having fun with it, fiddling around at home, in the studio or with the band. Makes two people happy. Nevertheless I feel the responsibility for each and every piece I buy to make sure it reaches a similar level... and that is almost impossible... 8o

Cheers Dude...my wife just sees the mess I leave when I'm trying out the latest software upgrade ( I think she is fed up of my trying to play Dee on the acoustic Sim) or the new Kabinet :)