Use rise and fall times for an LFO or envelope to control morphing

• Over the years, this has been a recurring, albeit slightly niche feature request (I've collected a couple of threads below, but as they're all quite old, I decided to start a new one): the ability to assign an automatic modulator to any effect parameter. An LFO, optionally synced to tempo, would be great. An envelope or envelope follower would be useful as well (though the latter already exists in the form of the Ducking parameter to control the mix of many effects).

LFO Wah

LFO and/or enveloper to control other fx(-parameters)

Assignable LFOs and envelopes

Clock-synced LFO

Auto morphing

Originally, this idea would have required tremendously complicated interface elements -- every parameter would require at least two extra settings to select a modulation source and modulation depth, and then you'd still need to set the LFO's frequency or the envelope's ADSR values somewhere. Not worth the hassle.

But with morphing firmly established now, a centralized modulation source would be much simpler to implement (interface-wise, I mean). The brilliant morphing workflow already allows any parameter to be set up for morphing between any two values, simply by setting the endpoints (unmorphed and morphed). There's already a dedicated morphing page in the Rig menu, and it already has settings for rise and fall times (optionally to tempo)!

With all those things already in place, implementing an LFO would be as simple (again, interface-wise) as adding an "auto" checkmark to make the Kemper loop through the rise and fall phases continuously. An AR envelope could simply be a one-shot rise-and-fall sequence triggered by a note from the guitar... This would make for a quite flexible modulation source, with many LFO and envelope shapes attainable by combining different rise and fall times.

I was playing with the Formant and Ionosphere reverbs just now and thinking again how cool it would be to make the Formant parameter slowly evolve over time... :love: