Tips on organizing rigs within the Profiler (Stage)?

• Hi all! Brand new to the Kemper world. I've had a Stage for a couple weeks now and I'm finally starting to wrap my head around it. What are some tips for keeping rigs organized within the unit itself? With my local library on rig manager, I can set up folders for parent categories like Recording and Live, and dub categories like Clean, Pushed, Ambient, Riff, etc... Seems the only option for easy recall of my edited rigs is to favorite them, which gets to be a pretty big list after a while.

P.S. Loving my Kemper Stage so far. Before that, I was a Helix user for a while, and then "upgraded" to a Fractal FM3 that was basically hot garbage. The Kemper Stage is where it's at.

• TBH, I only copy the rigs that I really use regularly to my Profiler - the "library" stays in Rig Manager (and thus well organized). So all the experimenting with new profiles, browsing through Rig Exchange, checking out free and paid bundles happens in the studio. Once I've narrowed things down to a few profiles that I'll actually use on a regular basis (usually just a handful), I copy them to the Profiler and start building performances - either genre-based performances (e.g. "Rock", "Blues", "Ballad" with the usual few patches: clean, chorused, dirty, crunch, solo, ...), amp-based performances (with the same amp in various configurations), or guitar-based (with a broader set of profiles optimized for Strat, Tele, LP).

When I'm in the rehearsal room or on stage, I make do with the few profiles that are on my Profiler, mostly based on the performances mentioned above - good enough is good enough, usually. Then I take notes on what I want to change or add (maybe a song-specific performance?) and do the prep work for the next rehearsal back at the studio.

Wouldn't really want to browse through hundreds of rigs during a rehearsal, let alone during a gig...

Cheers,

Torsten

Edited 2 times, last by ToH2002 ().

• Hi, welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on. Very good :thumbup:8)

I organize my profiles all in the RigManager. Only a small handfull of profiles on the Kemper for safety reasons. I am only working in Performance mode all the time, live and studio work included. There I have performances for live work, amp-related or song-related and sometimes the same profile more than once in a performance but then with different settings or effects. Same in studio where I have sets of goto settings combined in a performance. You can always get the profiles with the settings you made out of the performance back into RigManager if you want - I rarely want this :)

• i only ever have a handful of rigs on the KPA itself.

In RM I don’t use many folders either. As the current RM structure doesn’t allow searching of sub folders from their parent folder I find adding folders actually makes it harder to find things. Instead I leave them in relatively few folders and use the search field to find stuff. Rather than have clean, crunch, drive etc I just order the search results by gain level etc.