Need help loading a cabinet when selecting a Direct Amp Profile using the Editor

• Hey gang,

I feel like this should be straightforward and that my concrete skull is just being particularly thick when it comes to using the editor, so hopefully someone here can help penetrate my knuckleheadedness.

To frame the question... about a year ago, I purchased Game of Tones Direct Amp Profiles pack which is a shizz-load of Amp-only profiles needing a cabinet IR to loaded in order to sound decent when playing or recording using the main or headphone outs and NOT using an actual guitar power amp and cab. To that end, I used the editor in Rig Manager to load up one of those profiles and went to the cab portion where no matter whether I turned the cab on or off, I couldn't see how to SELECT a cab which was already loaded as part of a merged profile for a different profile in my Kemper. I quite possibly am totally misunderstanding how this whole "load any cab you want that's already inside your profiler to marry it with a currently loaded profile" thing. Can someone set me straight on what I SHOULD be doing to get this to happen? I took a look at the version 7.3 manual that I have on PDF and it seems to indicate I would need to make the cabinet the "in focus" item and then turn the chickenhead knob to "Browse". I might be making a VERY BAD assumption that if you use the editor, you wouldn't have to physically touch/set anything on the Kemper itself, but perhaps I am wrong.

This sort of begs the question of how you also load a DIFFERENT cab from what is currently included with a specific merged profile, as well.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Especially thick-headed Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• It looks like you want to extract the Cabinet from a rig into another rig. You could load that rig and extract the Cabinet with Drag&Drop from the Cab module, so you have it as Cabinet preset. Then you can just Drag&Drop it onto the Cab section.

Unfortunately, the "Cabinet From Rig" functionality is not in the editor, yet. I agree that just dropping Rigs onto the Cab section would make things easier.

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• as others have said, you can make a preset from any rigs cab but that involves making a preset and creating a lot of information to search through later. I would only make presets of my absolute favourites that I know I am going to reuse regularly.

for auditioning cabs i would use the LOCK function in RM. right click on the Cabinet section and select lock all but cabinet. Now select any rig you want and only the cabinet will load. Once you are happy with a cabinet you can do lock all but amp or just lock the cabinet itself and load the DAP rigs you want to try.