Favorite High Gain CABS

• Hi All,

I have come to realize that for me, cab choice is the most important factor in achieving the sound I want. Questionable or mediocre sounding profiles usually sound much better suited for my taste, when paired with one of my 'go-to' cabs.

Over the years we've had some great cab contributions, both paid and free.

My typical favorites have been a few of Till's old Rectos(002), Mesa 4x12's from Reampzone and LRS, an Orange 1x12 from LRS, and a few of the Kemper choices from 2018 (mainly the greenback 2x12s).

My primary musical interest is high gain, rock - metal. Also, I'm mainly looking for cab profiles that sound good at live volume levels. I've played some profiles that sounded great at low volumes but when cranked through a PA the cab didn't sound as good.

With the KPA being so mature now, with such a wide selection of choices, I'm certain I've yet to come across the holy grail of cabs. Rather than sample every profile on the Rig Exchange and purchase every profile pack in existence, I thought it would be easier to inquire with the fine users of this forum.

I know you all probably have a similar bucket of go-to cabs that you can rely on to give you a good sound. Anyone willing to share their top choices?

Paid or free, doesn't matter. Thanks in advance!

• Tills Chimera pack. You get both the profiles and the cabs as cab presets and and that's somehting no one else has done even till now. They're really good.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau