Blank Screen and Unresponsive

• Hi everyone! I'm new here, just got my kemper today! I have the powerhead, but have yet to be able to test it because it is completely unresponsive.

I initially turned it on while plugged into my computer with rig manager open. On there it said I needed an update so I told it to download that. I then realized that I needed to set some stuff up on the unit itself, so I did that. Then I went back to my computer and tried to start the update, which seemed to be working on my computer's end, but the powerhead didn't display any corresponding message about update progress.

Now, my issue is that the screen is completely blank and nothing else is lit up, nor do any controls seem to be working. I have tried unplugging it and leaving it for 15 minutes before plugging it back in. I've tried performing different types of resets, but I don't think the buttons are working anyway. I also tried to install the firmware via usb stick, and that also does nothing. I'm at a loss here and am super disappointed I can't even try this out having just gotten it. Hoping maybe someone else here has dealt with this issue and has a solution. I also sent an email straight to customer service, but I'm just desperate to get an answer at this point.

Thank you all!

UPDATE: Rig Manager did completely update the unit, but no matter what I do the screen is still blank. All the buttons work, though. I can see settings change when scrolling through rigs, but the screen shows nothing. Rig manager also updates when I turn knobs or switch rigs. I'm beyond frustrated with this.

Edited once, last by izzytons ().

• Sorry for your trouble. Support should be able to straighten you out.

I've not heard of this particular issue, so I'm of no help.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I spoke to Sweetwater tech support along with sending Kemper an email yesterday. Sweetwater is already arranging for a replacement to be sent to me, but Kemper responded this morning telling me to boot an older OS using a USB stick to test it out before updating it. I will try the old OS, but I have a feeling I should just get the new unit in case I have more issues with the current one in the future. In terms of the contrast on the screen, I'm not really sure how I would be able to change that setting since I can't see anything on my screen.