setup to record with UAD Apollo Twin

• Hm running out of good guesses. Are you perhaps monitoring both in Console and DAW? (and get phase cancelation)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I would try and borrow a different interface, or use the SPDIF converter to go directly to Cubase if possible. Just try and bypass the Apollo completely to see if that solves the problem.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Can I ask you how you got your main output faders to be like that ? Mine have a shorter throw than in your picture.

I also have Monitor and Alt 1 buttons that you don't have ... have you disabled them somehow to get the extra throw ... If so how ?

I'm a newbie with the Apollo console and still working things out ^^

• Can I ask you how you got your main output faders to be like that ? Mine have a shorter throw than in your picture.

I also have Monitor and Alt 1 buttons that you don't have ... have you disabled them somehow to get the extra throw ... If so how ?

I'm a newbie with the Apollo console and still working things out ^^

You have to enable HP IN CUE OUTPUTS (see picture) AND create a virtual output mix in Cubase to the VIRTUAL 1+2 CHANNELS then you will be able to control the OUT to your monitors (lower row) and the OUT to your headphones (upper row) separately. Also the stereo GUITAR IN input into HP (your headphones) can be adjusted as well. :) (the two faders in the far left)

• I don't have the HP or Line 3 and 4 active and I guess having the line 3 and 4 on faders frees up space to get the master fader longer.

I'll look into it ....

I'm on Cubase too and just getting that organised ....

• I don't have the HP or Line 3 and 4 active and I guess having the line 3 and 4 on faders frees up space to get the master fader longer.

I'll look into it ....

I'm on Cubase too and just getting that organised ....

Here is how it is setup in Cubase notice the Virtual channels outputs and the setup in the audio connections window :)

• Great, thanks .....

I found out the extra long throw you have on the Master fader is because you don't have an Alternate monitors enabled, like I have.

I disabled the count from 1 to 0 and got the extra length of throw ...

Mind you, I wish there was an option to get the Master as big as you can have the Aux .....

Back to your original question, were you monitoring in both Cubase and Apollo like musicmad thought ?

• I am not sure what you mean by extra long throw...

I am only monitoring in Apollo and setting up in HP the monitoring either through the monitors or the headphones. as shown in the picture above.

• Seems to be wired the same as I have mine. (it's the same box, so it should work) Are your setting correct on the Kemper output settings? Go through all 9 pages. On the Apollo, s/pdif input, settings hardware- Digital input & output= S/PDIF

• I know they have special s/pidif cables but I am using just a high quality rca ended type cable. What is happening when you plug everything in? Are you seeing a signal on the S/pdif on the Apollo console, like this ? Like I said , make sure all of your settings on the kemper output are correct.

• It should be.

This question was asked on Amazon:

Question:
    Is this an s/pdif standard 75 ohm cable?

Answer:
    Doesn't say anything specific about 75Ω. But I believe this would be S/PDIF compatible. It's a digital audio cable. Not garden variety RCA. I have the 8ft variant.

By Abhi Kris on January 28, 2016Yes it is... you can find the specifications at the mediabridge company site. https://www.mediabridgeproduct…k-15-feet/#specifications

By Dity on June 22, 2016

• I know they have special s/pidif cables but I am using just a high quality rca ended type cable. What is happening when you plug everything in? Are you seeing a signal on the S/pdif on the Apollo console, like this ? Like I said , make sure all of your settings on the kemper output are correct.

I will have to return this converter and get this one https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ODL312--hosa-odl312 which is more expensive but it supports SPDIF TO XLR and then OPTICAL OUT.:)

• Keep checking your setup. I have the same converter as you and it works wonderfully. I have it going to an Apollo x4 . So it's the same as far as in's and out's You don't need that expensive converter. Take a break and turn everything off. Create a new output preset for spdif on your Kemper and re do it. Make sure you're sending a signal out the spdif and then receiving at the apollo. It's gonna be something easy and stupid, it always is.

• Keep checking your setup. I have the same converter as you and it works wonderfully. I have it going to an Apollo x4 . So it's the same as far as in's and out's You don't need that expensive converter. Take a break and turn everything off. Create a new output preset for spdif on your Kemper and re do it. Make sure you're sending a signal out the spdif and then receiving at the apollo. It's gonna be something easy and stupid, it always is.

Trying everything again.. What do you mean by "Create a new output preset for spdif "??(

• Good luck! Watching to see how you make out. I am wanting to go this route as well to gain an extra input on my twin x. I am using the kemper in my teaching rig for Zoom lessons with a master mono setting coming out of the Kemper with a trs cable in to the guitar input on the front of the apollo. I have a mic set up for my voice/ac guitar on channel 2. I want the extra channel to use my iPhone running an app called the amazing slow downer. Not sure what cable to use for that job either.

• Good luck! Watching to see how you make out. I am wanting to go this route as well to gain an extra input on my twin x. I am using the kemper in my teaching rig for Zoom lessons with a master mono setting coming out of the Kemper with a trs cable in to the guitar input on the front of the apollo. I have a mic set up for my voice/ac guitar on channel 2. I want the extra channel to use my iPhone running an app called the amazing slow downer. Not sure what cable to use for that job either.

Im going to Plan B waiting for the Hosa ODL312 S/PDIF Optical to AES/EBU Link. I tried everything...X/