setup to record with UAD Apollo Twin

• I hope it works for you. Please update your progress. If you can get it going I will follow in your footsteps.

I had sent a request to tech support via email on this weeks ago and was told that there was no outboard unit that Kemper can verify for this usage. Best they could recommend right now was to get an external mic pre with an optical out. Indecision put it on hold for me.

• I hope it works for you. Please update your progress. If you can get it going I will follow in your footsteps.

I had sent a request to tech support via email on this weeks ago and was told that there was no outboard unit that Kemper can verify for this usage. Best they could recommend right now was to get an external mic pre with an optical out. Indecision put it on hold for me.

Again, This works. I use it. It works great actually. (kemper s/pdif out to coax in to optical out to my Apollo x4)it's $15 bucks. You don't have to spend a hundred dollars. If it doesn't work for you, you are either doing it wrong or your Kemper is broken. Optical-to-Coaxial or Coax-to-Optical Digital Audio Converter Adapter

• Can I ask you how you got your main output faders to be like that ? Mine have a shorter throw than in your picture.

I also have Monitor and Alt 1 buttons that you don't have ... have you disabled them somehow to get the extra throw ... If so how ?

I'm a newbie with the Apollo console and still working things out ^^

those are the sends! and I guess the new console update has now the outputs in the control room section...but I'm not completely sure..I was wondering the same thing this days since I got my apollo few day ago, and all manuals and videos are made with a different version of the console app

• clock must be set on spdif in the apollo

• Just got the news believe it or not.

My Kemper was send to Kemper USA tech support and has been found DEFECTIVE. None of that was my fault :)

Expecting a new one as a replacement :)

Special thanks to Sweetwater and Josh Kattner for following up with me and Kemper in order to resolve this matter.

• Wow!! After all that?

• Not necessarily, but if you hit the Apollo preamps with a line level you need to deal with it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• folks can some one tell me if it's necessary to send Di out into the hi Z input of the apollo for analog reamp ? I'm noticing the signal a little bit harsh and sparkly...I asume that HI z input on the apollo acts as a DI and the same to the direct output of the kemper. what is best?? analog output to the HI z imput or DI output from kemper into the line level back imputs of the apollo??

• The Hi z input is for connecting instruments directly. Which is not what you do. Record your DI from the Kemper using the analog TR sockets in the back or spdif.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• The Hi z input is for connecting instruments directly. Which is not what you do. Record your DI from the Kemper using the analog TR sockets in the back or spdif.

Is there a way to bypass an A/D converter using spdif to USB? That would be great if there was.

• Is there a way to bypass an A/D converter using spdif to USB? That would be great if there was.

Yes. By using spdif you avoid one AD conversion.

• musicmad I just bought the same exact converter and I'm having slight issues with the apollo. If I set the apollo to INTERNAL clock, turn SR convert ON, and put the kemper at a sample rate ABOVE 48khz, it works. However, there is a very small amount of latency when comparing it to the analog in (I measured it by recording both at once).

I've attempted to set the clock to SPDIF but the twin just starts clicking like it's switching over, but it never makes it. Can't seem to figure out why this would be, this could potentially fix the issue.