Kone & Kabinet experiences

• I have two Kones in an Avatar open 2 x12. Curious how much difference an actual Kemper cab with Kone would sound? Take the extra speaker out of the equation. Does the closed back, specialty designed cab change or "sweeten" the tone?

Would love to try one but hate to burn almost $500. USD on the hardware (and not receive much benefit - value).

Haven't tried an open back cab.

I did buy a Kone and got a local builder to clone my Kabinet which came out great.

It occurs to me that if you did buy a Kabinet and didn't like it you could probably flip it for almost no loss. It really is good IMHO.

• It occurs to me that if you did buy a Kabinet and didn't like it you could probably flip it for almost no loss. It really is good IMHO.

Given the availability, you might make a profit :)

I'm considering getting a second Kabinet...from that you can deduce I like it :)

• Well, tried one yesterday at my friends house and was blown away. Sounds way cooler than my Custom FRFR which at least to me is pretty amazing.

Interesting was that even the effects tend to be affected by the Kone-Sound. Delays and Reverbs seem to be put in the background whereas the Chorus seem to be emphasized.

Very interesting.

Will definitely buy one myself (also custom).

• Yes, I wish Kemper would implement a routing scheme that reproduced post effects through Kone as a separate flat, full-range signal path. This is already done for external source playback, so should be quite possible.

• After living with a Kone for the past month I'm joining the club and moving away from FRFR (for Kemper, at least). Kone provides an eye-opening experience in terms of presence and lack of grating "fizz". I'm running mine in a Seismic 1x12V cabinet (open back), largely because the Kabinet was unobtanium for months here in the USA. I note they are back in stock at Kemper store now, FWIW.

• I think I’m done with searching my ”Perfect Digital Amp Rig” with Kemper + Ritter Camplifier + Kabinet + Remote.

Man this thing sounds good! I mean Kemper + my Atomic CLR is super nice setup... But Kabinet just sounds even better!

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I ordered Ritter Camplifier 280 for my Toaster and Kemper Kabinet about a week ago and both just arrived. Excellent customer support from both companies.

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• I think I’m done with searching my ”Perfect Digital Amp Rig” with Kemper + Ritter Camplifier + Kabinet + Remote.

Man this thing sounds good! I mean Kemper + my Atomic CLR is super nice setup... But Kabinet just sounds even better!

Took the words right out of my mouth. My CLR isn't going anywhere, but Kone is quite impressive and has some stupidly great voicing available.

• That's a good point about the positioning of the feet. I'm definitely going to move mine closer to the corners as it really does feel unstable with the head on top.

• I might have a little problem, that I can’t seem to solve.

I have Ritter Camplifier 280, Profiler Head and Kabinet. I have connected my Profiler from Monitor OUT to Ritter INPUT.

Problem is, that when I want to try Studio Profiles with Imprints, I have to manually disable the Cab section. Shouldn’t the Cab section be Globaly OFF From the Monitor OUT?

• Hi drop the sun , if you use the Kemper Stage, you can manually disable to cab on the OUtput button. I guess there should be a similar feature in the Toaster/Rack.

yes, I have done this but it does not bypass the cab. I have to disable the cab pressing the cab button.

• I've been loving the kabinet for a few months now. I never really minded going FRFR as I used fairly heavy pure cab settings, so the change hasn't been drastic, but certainly welcome and has me much closer to where I wanted to be being a purely at home user.

I do wonder when we will start seeing some profile packs being released (maybe we have already?) where the profile was ground up designed to be used at home with the kabinet, as, as some others have mentioned, some profiles take to kabinet use much easier than others. I've been loving a lot of michael britts profiles with the kabinet though.

- Liam

• yes, I have done this but it does not bypass the cab. I have to disable the cab pressing the cab button.

CAB button in the stack section needs to be on if you are using the imprints. Once you are in Kone mode, when listening to a studio or merged profile, the KPA ignores the cab section of that profile in the monitor output ( but applies it in the Main Outs).

• CAB button in the stack section needs to be on if you are using the imprints. Once you are in Kone mode, when listening to a studio or merged profile, the KPA ignores the cab section of that profile in the monitor output ( but applies it in the Main Outs).

yes exactly! This is how I read it should work. But the Cab isn’t bypassed until I press the Cab Section button to OFF.

• Kone Mode and "Monitor Cabinet off" both have to be enabled in the Output Section to access the imprints - otherwise they are greyed out.

yes, this is OK in my setup as well.

I might be stupid, but am I doing something wrong...

It seems, that the Studio Profile does pass the Cab section after all (On the Cab Menu’s Page 2, there is Imprint active). The tone does change, but the ”amp in the room” tone is way different with Studio Profiles vs Direct ones. Is this just the way it is or am I missing something? This is the reason I started to suspect something is wrong.

With studio profiles the imprints sound very much like a Cab with a mic, just somehow different.

When I choose a Profile that is a DI version without a Cab it sounds very raw.

Also changing imprints in Studio Profile the change between different imprints is more noticable, than what it is with Direct Profiles.

To make it clear: For example Tone Junkie Studio Profile vs DI profile are like a day and night different with Kone mode and imprint active.
    :/