Kone & Kabinet experiences

• 1st post by new user so be gentle lol. Kabinet arrives today - I have the Top Jimi everything bundle - do I want to use the merged profiles with the Kabinet or studio for most accurate sound to the recording?

Thanks in advance for answering a rookie question!

• I am currently using a Yamaha DSR112. Very happy but super bulky, thinking about changing to the Kabinet. Anyone has experience coming from a FRFR to the kabinet?

Nice profile, but does it go to 11?

• I am currently using a Yamaha DSR112. Very happy but super bulky, thinking about changing to the Kabinet. Anyone has experience coming from a FRFR to the kabinet?

If you've got a powered Kemper or a good class D amp then I would highly recommend the Kabinet for situations where you want an amp in the room sound, like just jamming or a quiet band practice.

Even when the stages open up and we can gig again I think I'll bring it, for monitoring and a bit more interaction between the speakers and the strings when needed.

• 1st post by new user so be gentle lol. Kabinet arrives today - I have the Top Jimi everything bundle - do I want to use the merged profiles with the Kabinet or studio for most accurate sound to the recording?

Thanks in advance for answering a rookie question!

Studio or merged, whichever sounds better, I generally prefer merged through a cab or Kones, studio is probably best for foh or recording. The commercial profilers will generally say they've got more control over the end sound with studio profiles (mic selection, placement etc.)

• Haven't tried an open back cab.

I did buy a Kone and got a local builder to clone my Kabinet which came out great.

It occurs to me that if you did buy a Kabinet and didn't like it you could probably flip it for almost no loss. It really is good IMHO.

Well a Kabinet should be on the way soon. Ordered one in the wee hours just because I had to test. :S

• So I run my powered Kemper through an EVM 12L in an open back cabinet that I built, and I'm very happy with the tone (and the BALLS) of the setup. What I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience switching speakers from a guitar cabinet to the Kone, and if I would still get the great tone that I have (with all the balls) but just with more diversity and if it would be worth the switch? What do you guys think?

Cheers!

And by the way, big shout out, and thanks to Kemper for, what is by far, my favorite musical purchase of.... way to many :)

THANKS GUYS!!

• So I run my powered Kemper through an EVM 12L in an open back cabinet that I built, and I'm very happy with the tone (and the BALLS) of the setup. What I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience switching speakers from a guitar cabinet to the Kone, and if I would still get the great tone that I have (with all the balls) but just with more diversity and if it would be worth the switch? What do you guys think?

Cheers!

And by the way, big shout out, and thanks to Kemper for, what is by far, my favorite musical purchase of.... way to many :)

THANKS GUYS!!

Well that's why the Kone is available separately. And there's a EVM 12L imprint. You know what my vote is... :love:

• I found a difference between Kab and FRFR. I was messing with the looper, playing a Deluxe Reverb profile rhythm, then a part with a big Shiva lead sound. The Kabinet has to choose an imprint for both, so as soon as I switched profiles the Deluxe changed to a V30 sounding speaker. Still sounds great of course. ?

Not an issue, but with FR each profile retains its character better in this use case.

• I found a difference between Kab and FRFR. I was messing with the looper, playing a Deluxe Reverb profile rhythm, then a part with a big Shiva lead sound. The Kabinet has to choose an imprint for both, so as soon as I switched profiles the Deluxe changed to a V30 sounding speaker. Still sounds great of course. ?

Not an issue, but with FR each profile retains its character better in this use case.

You know you can choose imprints on a per rig basis as well?

• Our band has been practicing outside for the past month.

Last night we invited a few people for fun.

I used my Kemper, SD700, and the Kabinet Klone I had made.

Although standing 4 - 5' away from the speaker sounded like the right volume for me, 20 to 40' out I sounded too loud.

I play better when I hear myself properly, so...

1) Raise the Kabinet?

2) Move it farther behind me?

3) Tilt the Kabinet back?

4)?

• 4) Second cabinet, stacked. Obviously

• If you play large enough stages to have your Kabinet 20' to 40' away as an option, you could do that, and turn it down. But, if you are aiming it at the audience, you aren't in the PA at all.

If you are using it in Full Range Mode, try tilting it toward your head. You'll be ready to turn it down at that point :)

If you are using imprints, try raising the Kabinet. You may want to enable Bass Boost at that point, to offset for the lack of floor reflection.