Kone & Kabinet experiences

• If you play large enough stages to have your Kabinet 20' to 40' away as an option, you could do that, and turn it down. But, if you are aiming it at the audience, you aren't in the PA at all.

If you are using it in Full Range Mode, try tilting it toward your head. You'll be ready to turn it down at that point :)

If you are using imprints, try raising the Kabinet. You may want to enable Bass Boost at that point, to offset for the lack of floor reflection.

This was the parking lot outside our regular practice studio. Pretty bleak.:D

Was using Creamback imprint globally as I haven't gone through the rigs to choose individuals yet.

Might try stacking the two Kabinets next time, or raising a single.

• I'm running my non-powered KPA into an Orange Pedal Baby 100, driving a Marshall SV212 cabinet loaded with two Kones. The Marshall cab is a vertical, angled 2x12. I love those Marshall vertical 2x12's for the aesthetics... a nice cozy fixture among the blinky lights of my rack behind me. I also purchased a MojoTone "Slammins" cabinet - a horizontal 2x12 angled up almost like a monitor. That cab works really well, although it has a larger stage footprint than the Marshall. I might grab another two kones for the Mojotone so that I don't have to swap speakers back and forth.

I'm really digging the sounds. I wasn't one who was jonesing for the amp in the room sound (exclusively used IEMs for monitoring), but now that I have it, I realize that I've missed it. I'll continue to use IEMs live, but will probably bring kone-loaded cabinet to the larger gigs to move a little air where the added stage volume is okay. That physical response just makes me play better. And I'm really looking forward to seeing new Imprints. I vote for the Classic Lead 80 and the G12-65.

I'm also REALLY liking the Orange Pedal Baby 100. It has a very flat response and an impressive tone even when plugging straight in with no preamp. The bass and treble controls are nice for tweaking the response of the cabinet.

• I had first rehearsals with the Kabinet today. I used it in a FRFR mode. Sound was really beefy and LOUD ( With Ritter Camplifier 280). Gotta say it was one of the best Live tones for me ever...

Actually the sound was so beefy, I had to place my Kemper Head away from the top of the Kabinet ’cause it moved everytime I palmmuted... Goddam!!!

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• Well the Kab arrived today. It's pretty killer seems like a perfect solution for this small room (13' x 9ish'). Tried all kinds of gear - setups over the last bunch of years. It may work better than DI into a loud 2x12.

Using Thumas' SLO HR 100 profiles (M01 57+421) adjusting for my ears and went for Kone - imprints. Cycling through them. Bass boost is legit and welcome. Sounds really good. Might be a perfect solutions for my playing area. It is punchy...another winning piece of gear from Kemper.

Cheers

• My initial reaction after the playing through the Kab for a while is one can get just about any profile sounding good using a Kabinet -with imprints. The Kab really accentuates the profiler's dials - sensitivity The Kab allows nuances of the sound to be heard which can again be dialed into to a nice tone. Some profiles require a bit more tweaking than others and moved the knobs according to my old ears rather than eyes.

I like playing through a standard cab setup but gonna get the full Kabinet experience for a bit. I did not care for FRFR mode but have used it that way in an open Avatar 2x12 with Kones and be pleased. The 1x12 Kab is definitely a different experience Good stuff....

• I don't want to move the thread off track but it is fairly warm here tonight. Windows open and the Kab in it's sweet spot is a bit too loud as the evening hours go by. Have some Grado headphones and plugged them in. I left the Kone enabled using an imprint and it actually sounds really good and full through the cans. Tried two profiles so far and it probably should not work but seems to be. Sounds pretty good. Interesting...

It has been trust what the ears are hearing and go with it weekend here.

Edited once, last by Mookytc ().

• Kone imprints would only be applied to the monitor out. The main outs and headphone outs are getting the full studio or merged profile with whatever cab is loaded in the CAB section of the stack.