Impulse Response Creation for EQ section

• Recently been playing with running my hardware Neve and ISA EQ's with the Kemper and an idea popped into my head - it would be great if it was possible to capture an IR curve of the hardware EQ being used to store into the rig. Of course there's nothing wrong with the Kemper EQ's but hardware EQ's have their own quirks and behaviours and can be more immediate to use.

• not sure of I fully understand. Are you saying you would like to be able to profile the hard ware EQ as an active FX that could be tweaked in the Kemper? That isn’t going to be possible due to hardware and the way the profiling process works.

Alternatively, are you saying that you to capture a single profile of the amp made with the hardware EQ as a fixed setting during profiling? If so, you’re in luck. Lots of profiles are made this way. The profiling process captures anything that is in the signal chain including the amp, speaker and cabinet, mic(s) and. any mic pre/EQ etc added.

• not sure of I fully understand. Are you saying you would like to be able to profile the hard ware EQ as an active FX that could be tweaked in the Kemper? That isn’t going to be possible due to hardware and the way the profiling process works.

More along the lines of the first option - the second one is a fundamental part of how profiling or making impulses work. It would be great to have the ability to have an EQ curve impulse as an FX slot that can be bypassed or active, much like using the internal EQ but with the benefit of copying the curves from HW being used while profiling.

• I did something like this for my recent Montrose track actually. If you extract the cab from an existing profile (see this thread) you can modify the impulse response of that cab after the fact (by running in through your Neve perhaps) and then send the modified result off to CabMaker or Rig Manager to create a new cab incorporating that response. Works pretty well!