Rig Manager: view duplicates | profile level matching | input metering and recommendations | compressor: display compression amount | IR Reverb

• New Kemper user, audio engineer here. Here's a few things that came after using it for about a week.

Rig Manager: view duplicates

using Rig Manager really feels like how an iPod & iTunes worked together. Therefore, some inspiration could be taken from its organizational features (and be wary of the bloat that it became). Having a "view duplicates" feature would be very useful for cleaning up your library--especially for those of us who've accidentally duplicated profiles. *maybe this could also be improved...it seems that on importing profiles from online, some will notify me of duplicates, others will just add duplicates and change the date.

-this could work by showing profiles that have identical names & authors to at least one other profile.

profile level matching

would be cool to be able to toggle on a feature (maybe on the output tab?) that makes every profile somewhat matched based on would the average RMS with a guitar would be. I've been doing this manually by auditioning a profile into my DAW, watching an RMS meter while strumming a part (could use a looper if I wanted to be even more accurate) and adjusting the Volume control accordingly. But it's been very time consuming. This would aid being able to objectively compare profiles, plus it would be even more convenient for live/studio engineers.

-additionally a "compensated level" option could be neat: turn down volume as gain is turned up. Would be very useful for compressor too!

input metering and recommendations

on the "input" tab, I'd really like to be able to meter the values of input level. This could be in the horizontal box that's already there. There could be two or three vertical reference points based on pickups: "vintage/underwound", "average", "hot/overwound". The buttons above the screen could switch between humbucker, P90, single coil references. Theoretically, this could make profiling more consistent

-I'd also like a "pickup simulating" EQ to be able to go from SC to HB or vice versa. pretty sure this can be done manually now but would be super convenient if it was built in. Bias FX 2 does this in an interesting way with Guitar Match

compressor: display compression amount

-would love to be able to view how much signal is being compressed and where the threshold is at.

IR Reverb

I'd like to be able to load IR's as reverbs (in addition to already being able to load cab IRs)

-would be amazing to be able to lengthen/shorten and EQ IRs in the way Space Designer in Logic does.

please let me know if there's ways of already doing this. Will return with more recommendation ideas as I enjoy using the Kemper!

Edited once, last by jtn191 ().