When the rubber meets the road...

• No offense to Radley here in any way, but I wouldn't exactly put "Neil Diamond" guitar tones in a category requiring a Kemper.

I would imagine you could get those tones quite easily using pretty much anything.

• No offense to Radley here in any way, but I wouldn't exactly put "Neil Diamond" guitar tones in a category requiring a Kemper.

I would imagine you could get those tones quite easily using pretty much anything.

I disagree.
    Big band, big show, big sound, big mix...Hadley needs a Kemper.

Don't worry, he's tasted the Kemper...
    "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".

He'll be back! :)

• I disagree.
    Big band, big show, big sound, big mix...Hadley needs a Kemper.

Don't worry, he's tasted the Kemper...
    "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".

He'll be back!

Absolutely. Personally, I think his exit is a bit premature. The KPA is young, and there are undoubtedly many exciting changes we're yet to see. However, in the end we each have to decide what works for us ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Dear friends, I believe the subject was closed when Christoph made his kind offer and Hadley accepted it.
    Let's help the Kemper team make their product even better, for us to enjoy even more and wish Hadley a good and successful tour.

• If the next update does not provide serious improvements in the KPA's Noise Reduction and Digital aliasing problems and overall usability, I will likely be selling my unit.

I will continue to keep tabs on it's development, in hopes it will ultimately become all that has been promised, but I have been seriously disappointed at the 'pace of progress' with the KPA in the last 6 months. There would seem to be a lack of urgency and effort for this product, and that concerns me both as a user and an investor.

Sorry to be so sarcastic here, but it's quite disappointing to see a professional having a product a bit more than 16 weeks, moaning all over the forums about special flaws in the distortion algorithm, comparing it to modeling amps (hillarious), not delivering explaing sound files in week, and then giving me an ultimatum, even though I have confirmed that we are working on several topics.

He might experience that we can even fulfill his wishes and ultimatum, but I don't see the value anymore. Hopefully he has sent the unit back before the next update, because I don't even want to discuss solutions with him.

To all the others: Improvement takes time. Not because it's hard, but because we simply allow some weeks to test a new software, even before we make it a public beta. Please do not force us to release software, that was tested too quickly.

Thanks
    CK

• 'nuff said. +10000. :thumbup:

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• CK, Hadleys been a trouble maker for a lot of years. Try not to pay much attention to him. I myself have the best sound since i've been using rack gear and modelers way back to the early 90's with the ADA MP1 then the GSP2101.
    The KPA is by far better, so far and I believe it will get even better.

So don't worry about the Had Man!
    Keep up the good work.

• Christoph and team, you do have my support and patience for great things to come.
    Apart from the KPA I own a Virus 2 too, so I do know very well what you guys can deliver.

Keep up the great work, don't get frustrated as there always will be issues like that (unfortunately, it' s part of the business), be proud of your product (I am, for me worths every penny out of the box).

To all the others: Improvement takes time. Not because it's hard, but because we simply allow some weeks to test a new software, even before we make it a public beta. Please do not force us to release software, that was tested too quickly.

Thanks
    CK

My KPA isn't going anywhere.
    Whenever you feel an update is ready (and not before), we will be here.
    You can't buy mine back for twice the price. ;)

Edited once, last by imall41 ().

• Christoph,

Please understand no ultimatum or deadline was given to anyone but myself. Yes, I do feel the progress has been too slow, and that's mainly because I never felt confident to use my KPA in concert (which was my hope by now). I assumed our earlier 'agreement' was to be the end of it, and I tried to be gracious and thankful in my acceptance... can we please let this one 'rest in peace'?

~Hadley~

All modelers known to man 8o

• If the next update does not provide serious improvements in the KPA's Noise Reduction and Digital aliasing problems and overall usability, I will likely be selling my unit.

Quote from Radley

Please understand no ultimatum or deadline was given to anyone but myself.

Quote from Merriam Webster

ul·ti·ma·tum noun \ˌəl-tə-ˈmā-təm, -ˈmä-\
    plural ul·ti·ma·tums or ul·ti·ma·ta

Definition of ULTIMATUM

: a final proposition, condition, or demand; especially : one whose rejection will end negotiations and cause a resort to force or other direct action.

[Blocked Image: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/images/smilies/idn_smilie.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/images/smilies/facepalm.gif]

• Christoph,

Please understand no ultimatum or deadline was given to anyone but myself. Yes, I do feel the progress has been too slow, and that's mainly because I never felt confident to use my KPA in concert (which was my hope by now). I assumed our earlier 'agreement' was to be the end of it, and I tried to be gracious and thankful in my acceptance... can we please let this one 'rest in peace'?

~Hadley~

If it were an ultimatum to yourself you would have not done it by opening a thread on the Kemper forum. You more than anybody have to understand how someone that has developed a product might feel with some sort of comments towards it.

If I were CK I would have offered you to return it months ago. Look, you have the right to not be happy about it and get a refund like any other customer, but things can be done or said in better and more respectful ways.

• If it were an ultimatum to yourself you would have not done it by opening a thread on the Kemper forum. You more than anybody have to understand how someone that has developed a product might feel with some sort of comments towards it.

If I were CK I would have offered you to return it months ago. Look, you have the right to not be happy about it and get a refund like any other customer, but things can be done or said in better and more respectful ways.

And why can't one state a standard or ultimatum to themselves? Obviously anyone has the right not to be happy with their KPA, but I can sincerely tell *you* and *every other user on this board* that my critiques were honest, insightful, and meant to be helpful, regardless of how 'crisply' they were delivered (sometimes with the aid of a bit too much chardonnay). All the demands here for samples and rather intricate testing scenarios proved to be too much - I can't do this for Kemper, Fractal, or anyone else, and never have. In this regard, I am a very analog musician.

• And why can't one state a standard or ultimatum to themselves? Obviously anyone has the right not to be happy with their KPA, but I can sincerely tell *you* and *every other user on this board* that my critiques were honest, insightful, and meant to be helpful, regardless of how 'crisply' they were delivered (sometimes with the aid of a bit too much chardonnay). All the demands here for samples and rather intricate testing scenarios proved to be too much - I can't do this for Kemper, Fractal, or anyone else, and never have. In this regard, I am a very analog musician.

If you do it publicly on the product's company forum it is obviously directed to someone not being you.

Since you started complaining about this CK and others have asked you for clips so they could identify the problem and fix it. Even considering that you were not able to produce these clips (which creation should have taken you much less time than all your posting on the subject), you have to understand that it really is very difficult for them to replicate it and correct the issues if they don't have any reference to look into. Some one has been able to demonstrate some aliasing noise issues in another thread and it was mentioned that as soon as Kemper knew about it they started working to fix it. I don't know what else can you ask from them.

As I said before, like any customer with any product, you have all the right to be unhappy and complain when
    there is things that need to be fixed/improved but it should not surprise you to get harsh reactions due to the way you are doing
    it. I don't know if you realized of it (maybe it is too much wine like you said) but just in the last few days you called the product's technology "dated", "sub-par", suggested them to sell their technology to a more capable company and finally you wrote a public ultimatum.

• The type of aliasing and noise on the high gain Stomps I mentioned is plainly sub-par, and I believe Christoph would agree - there is no way he could be happy with this performance...