When the rubber meets the road...

• "I don't know if you realized it (maybe it is too much wine like you said) but just in the last few days you called the product's technology "dated", "sub-par", suggested them to sell their technology to a more capable company and finally you wrote a public ultimatum."

I only suggested they sell/lease the process to a bigger company (with more resources) who could speed up the development process, which could go a long way in keeping Kemper at the front of this very competitive game.

All modelers known to man 8o

• Sorry to see you go, Radley. Thanks for the Lancer profile. I just use the stack block so these issues have passed me by.

Vintage amp obsessive

• I only suggested they sell/lease the process to a bigger company (with more resources) who could speed up the development process, which could go a long way in keeping Kemper at the front of this very competitive game.

Now that as a comment is well out of order.
    I am absolutely sure that Kemper are completely capable of developing their products with the resources that they have already. Too slow? Maybe for you.

But not for me.

I don't have the 'pressures' that you have and it seems that most others don't either. If you buy a newly developed product of the enormity that the Kemper amp really is, then common sense says don't play it in a professional position, someone who does that will undoubtedly come unstuck. And if you are not playing it in a professional position then why moan?
    My advice on that aspect is to play what you did BEFORE Kemper came along, let Mr Kemper enhance the product as it needs to be, and then use it when its good to go in a 'professional' environment of playing that you work in.

I have always felt that the Kemper Amp is an AMAZING product, from the very first time I plugged it in. And the issue of whether Kemper Amps as a company is 'too small' really makes me laugh at that comment. Kemper INVENTED the product. What a lame comment.

Sometimes the updates are 'slow' and sometimes they change things but that is the nature of software. Overall the Kemper that I still have today is substantially better than the one I received in January 2012.

Turning now to Forums:
    Well I have been on the receiving end of an owner at the FA forum. In my opinion on this thread on the Kemper forum (which is VERY different than what I suffered) I think Mr Kemper does have a very strong point about the never ending pressure to release software as fast as possible.

But I have ALWAYS felt that commenting as a CEO on forums can be detrimental to the operation of the company - and not just in this case or my experience with FA.

Ultimately, it could harm the company and in the case of Kemper Amps thats a bad thing. Many people tell me that in the FA case they agreed with me (I get emails all the time) but having a CEO commenting in ANY way in public (because thats what a forum is) that can be taken negatively can generate detrimental effects on the company and likely the exact opposite of what is intended.
    Trust me I know. I have been a CEO since I was 33. Its not a good idea to do it because no matter what you might say, someone WILL disagree in the subjective mind of the public at large.

Radley Hadley (I really cant figure his name) I dont know him but have read some his threads appears to stir things a little sometimes (but he also has raised some good points over time) and if you have a combination like that there will soetimes be things said between the parties where they disagree. In truth if they were standing in front of each other this would not happen, but the internet and wriiten word on there appears sometimes to distort the way many people think. Actually written communications of text like this are completely open to misunderstanding.

The worst part is that you can never take back later what you said - those words are usually there for a very long time.

Personally I have always found Mr Kemper a very helpful person, where even the forum rules (developed by Kemper) are very extended to stop the sort of stuff that goes on in other forums from happening.

Maybe on this occasion Mr Kemper was pushed hard, and its understandable. But offering to take the unit back is extremely pertinent and commensurate with the situation. No one could ask more!

But most of Mr Kempers comments are absolutely correct. I would have (had it been me) developed a different way ahead on the issues at hand and solved them with Radley/Hadley maybe in other ways.

Expecting Mr Kemper to make comments on the Forum I think is not the best idea around but usually Mr Kemper is a perfect gentleman, as in this case I think.

The Kemper amp remains THE ONLY PRODUCT OF ITS KIND, and one that those other boys are now 'emulating' (yes the kemper is THAT good) and trying to get right with just 200 button presses where as the kemper works with just about 4 or 5 and sounds better too.

So maybe Radley, get serious and retract that last comment... its below you dude. Im sure Mr Kemper will accept your appology as any CEO would.

Time in this life is worthy of better than your comment, which in reality (remember that) should be commending Kemper for their achievements positively, in a way which, if you were Mr Kemper, you would expect.

Careful I'm watching you...

• Profiler. Exceptional post. :thumbup:

Yes, the written word is often misunderstood. Human communication involves other (often subtle) methods. I think we've all been affected by unintended inferences. I hope Hadley takes your advice. He has the potential to be a positive player on this forum.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Fanboys will always be fanboys and haters will always be haters. Nothing can or will ever change this. I'm proud to be a KPA fanboy.
    Mr. Hadley himself has gone way too far too many times on this forum, and while I respect him as a musician and respect his works, I feel like he's too biased by FA to be taken seriously on a KPA board, despite the fact that he's been raising useful topics sometimes.
    Sorry Mr. Hadley, no offense, but this is how I see things.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Don't really understand such dramatic exits or ultimatems on boards sometimes. Use what you want, don't use what you want. Trying to "help" the company by raising a stink on public forums isn't really trying to help, its complaining and trying to make one look and feel knowlegable. Someone who is too busy to make audio clips (or doesn't know how to route it, but spends time lecturing others about the "process" in studio) yet spends hours on forums, sometimes complaining, I just don't get it. Chops or not, fact is there are a ton of great guitarists out there, who often can make a tin can sound wonderful, and yet don't complain about that tin can. These are all tools, treat them as such. Want to help the company improve? do it in private, join the beta team etc etc. Use what tool you deem neccessary for said project, and don't waste time complaining publicly or making a stink about something that just isn't cutting it for you. And why I appreciate someone like Pete thorn so much, he treats these like tools, and when talking about gear, keeps it to the point without belaboring what he likes or doesn't like to make himself come off as someone important...

Thinks I like I keep, things I don't I sell. end of story for me. When I sold my axe FX I didn't start threads listing oh why I sold my unit. etc etc. or go on their forum and say you better do this or else. If I ever sell my kemper for something else, you can be certain I will not start a thread stating such.

May sound harsh but so was the intent of this original topic...

at this point in the game, its more about the music then bitching about the tools. And a reason why I sometimes take time away from boards. If I can't make good music with todays' tools, then there is something wrong and its not the tools

• Audioholic - We are leaving out an important piece of information. I stated that I would likely sell my KPA *IF* the new update did not make substantial improvements in the areas mentioned. Christoph, by making his ‘rather irrepressible offer’ to take back my KPA immediately, effectively circumvented the process. He has never contacted me personally, nor personally answered any of my emails to him over these months of my KPA ownership - therefore whatever I had to say could only be said on the user board. This is not usually the case with artists like myself, and it was less than ideal.

All modelers known to man 8o

• Audioholic - We are leaving out an important piece of information. I stated that I would likely sell my KPA *IF* the new update did not make substantial improvements in the areas mentioned. Christoph, by making his ‘rather irrepressible offer’ to take back my KPA immediately, effectively circumvented the process. He has never contacted me personally, nor personally answered any of my emails to him over these months of my KPA ownership - therefore whatever I had to say could only be said on the user board. This is not usually the case with artists like myself, and it was less than ideal.

well thats cool. I personally have had nothing but great communication from Kemper team, even though I am not an "artist" like yourself. :)

use what works... later..

Christoph stated a month ago or so that improvements regarding the noise issues are planned. I don't see why you should've ever thought that it wouldn't happen. This whole thing is turning out to be more and more odd, don't you think?
    Also, why would you expect a company's CEO to contact you about any issues personally? He's not in any way connected to you despite the fact that he tried to help you so many times in this forum... that's what support is for. Not to mention that you never really cooperated in the process, Christoph asked you multiple times for sound samples that you never supplied.
    An offer does not necessarily has to be accepted, and it seems like you were just "lucky" in a way that Christoph was professional enough to cut the ties and make this offer to you even before you'd have to make a step in the direction of selling your "noise and aliasing-filled" KPA.
    But yes, in the end, you are right... this whole conversation and topic is less than ideal... but for whom, really? :whistling:
    Again, I absolutely respect you as an artist, but your points don't seem too solid to me for some odd reason...

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Wow....I'm speechless.

bd

I'm beyond speechless. I for one will be celebrating when Radley officially stops posting on this Forum and returns to the AssFx "artist" page where he clearly belongs.

Please Radley - do us all this favor. Just go. You have done enough damage to disrupt the incredibly positive vibe of this product, the CEO and everyone who is part of the Kemper family.

Your negativity and arrogance does not belong here.

• +10000000000000000

Christoph stated a month ago or so that improvements regarding the noise issues are planned. I don't see why you should've ever thought that it wouldn't happen. This whole thing is turning out to be more and more odd, don't you think?
    Also, why would you expect a company's CEO to contact you about any issues personally? He's not in any way connected to you despite the fact that he tried to help you so many times in this forum... that's what support is for. Not to mention that you never really cooperated in the process, Christoph asked you multiple times for sound samples that you never supplied.
    An offer does not necessarily has to be accepted, and it seems like you were just "lucky" in a way that Christoph was professional enough to cut the ties and make this offer to you even before you'd have to make a step in the direction of selling your "noise and aliasing-filled" KPA.
    But yes, in the end, you are right... this whole conversation and topic is less than ideal... but for whom, really? :whistling:
    Again, I absolutely respect you as an artist, but your points don't seem too solid to me for some odd reason...

• This is not usually the case with artists like myself, and it was less than ideal.

Most arrogant statement ever, you're not making yourself looking very well like this. There are a lot of touring artists in this forum, none of them behaving like you.... :thumbdown:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• This dead on, I agree 100%.
    When I read Radley,s post they always seemed to be coming from someone that would say "an artist like me".
    There are many artist's here making music, I rather hear from them.
    Chris

It's unfortunate that the Kemper wasn't something you'd feel touring with at this point. I can understand that's frustrating if you really like what it does. I think it's even more iffy to tour gear when you are a sideman and any issues will likely get an "evil eye" from the boss... Makes perfect sense to me.

As far as communication not being what an artist like yourself accustomed to? I know that gear companies do find benefit in working with working players. In the instances when some company thought I might be of assistance, or gave me special attention just because they liked my playing and my reviews, poistive or negative, were between myself and the folks helping me out. I would be comfy saying I liked something if someone asked and any complaints or suggestions were between me and the manufacturer. We all have our notions of what constitutes professional courtesy.

I am certain that folks can take my comments or suggestions in a manner other than they are offered. I happens a bit on TGP. I think we all want to be acctepted as we are and not as someone supposes we are. It's easy enough for me to afford you the same ethos I would hope be applied to me.

I really like what the KPA does for me. I'm a "cork sniffer" when it comes to what makes me happy with musical tools. By the same token, I couldn't care less what others use. Great music is great whether or not it's made using the same stuff I like.

I appreciate people's candor. Telling it like you see it is more than cool, when people return the favor that's just a part of the deal. Honesty is often easier to give than to accept. All this stuff is tools. Tools we are thrilled with or, not so much.

It ain't religion. Just preferance. What one uses to make music doesn't validate the persons using it. At a point the music and performance does the talking. I believe that's what matters most. Musicians sweat the "reciepe", and any "seasoning" added. The audience just cares about the "soup".

Best wishes Radley.

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().