When the rubber meets the road...

• Hadley, I don't have any email or private message from you. And you have never contacted our support to get in contact with me. I would have answered you for sure.
    Did I miss something?

CK

Chistoph,

I started sending you emails before I even owned a KPA, telling you who I am and what I do, and that I was *very* interested in your new product, but there was never a response - I sent them to the only email I could find for Kemper support, and I usually got a confirmation email, yet no response. I then enlisted Lance's help in trying to find an email to directly contact you (he distributes Kemper in S. Africa, and can verify this), but still no luck. I also sent you a rather lengthy & heartfelt email 3 days ago. After no replies, I just started feeling like you didn't want to be bothered, and I'm sorry if my assumption was wrong or if I somehow sent my emails to the wrong place - I hoped they would find their way to you regardless. I never saw any way to PM you - if I had, I would have communicated with you directly - not on this board, and I have an idea you would have a very different understanding of me, and I of you. Even as I write this, I would much prefer to be directly communicating to you instead of publicly on this board.

Regardless of what transpires in the future, I feel very badly about the way things have played out, and my part in that - I am a flawed human being and can get overly emotional about the stuff I really care about - that includes the KPA, as well as your company’s ultimate success - your idea (profiling) is too good, and therefore *must* succeed! As far as my use of the word ‘artist’, I believe some of the users here are taking me wrong - I don’t feel I am better than anyone else.... I only meant that my gig of 30 years has a pretty high profile and I have recorded some solo guitar music that has received extended airplay worldwide (I’m planning to do more of that soon). It was not my roundabout way of saying I’m hot sh-t.

Although I am considered a Fractal artist (this has never been exclusive in nature), I have always kept up with all quality guitar technology, and continue to use many different multieffects and processors for different sounds and occasions. The main difference between my relations with Fractal and Kemper has been that I could communicate directly with a number of Fractal people (including Cliff) as needed, but I have felt totally cut-off from Kemper since day one. There have been numerous creative ideas I would have discussed with you (assuming you were interested) - this kind of stuff is communicated much more efficiently one-on-one because of the ‘follow-up’ questions & detail. Please send me your contact info via PM and let me know how to best contact you. I don’t expect much, and will not become a ‘nuisance’, but I really think it would be good if we could talk... :o)

~Hadley~

All modelers known to man 8o

• Hadley, I predict you will be back as Kemper continues to develop this nascent technology . Best of luck to you, sir.

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• First of all:

this must be the best sopa-opera I have "seen" in a long time: frustration, love, drama!

Let me please comment this one:

There have been numerous creative ideas I would have discussed with you (assuming you were interested) - this kind of stuff is communicated much more efficiently one-on-one because of the ‘follow-up’ questions & detail.

This whole community supplies Kemper with creative ideas almost daily. WITHOUT drama, WITHOUT badmouthing, WITHOUT trying to come across as something special, WITHOUT making the wave in almost every single thread, WITHOUT the need to talk to "the boss" directly.

So Radley, sorry to be quite frankly with you:

Try to be a real part of this community, not one of the "better ones" with any special rights ("I want to discuss my very important input with the CEO directly")

I really do not understand your "I am an artist" attitude. We all here are artists, since we all play instruments. You CHOSE to earn your money with it, which I think is great, but that is the only difference and of course that you might play a bit better than most of us.

If you wanted to improve the product, contact support with your problem, but do not publicly state any deadlines that you will sell your Kemper if this or that is not met in the near future. Set your own deadline in private and then sell your Kemper off in private.

It is of no importance, if you are on a special Fractal Artist Team or are treated like YOU think you deserve by Fractal. Leave all that stuff at the Fractal forum, please.

It is of no importance to me if you are the guitar player with Neil Diamond. I rather would like you to be a good sports on this forum.

Let us all hope this thread will come to an end .

Dote

Remark: I edited my post since I came across a bit rough. I want to apologize for that. :love:

Edited 3 times, last by Dote ().

• Ok I dont want to get into a debate, as I find forum debates a bit pointless.
    But Just read through the thread and I dont want to take anyone side.

But I can also see Radly's side, being a pro musican means you need to expect a certain level of quality from gear to take to stage. - it has to meet a certain criteria, at that level you have dozens of sound engineers check your stuff, then re-check it for noise floors, problems, and stability etc, considering the large crowds etc, its a bit differnt from your local friday night bar gig, where you just turn up yourself and play. - so natrually the KPA would of been flawed for him due to his problems, and radly natrually wanted to get these resolved for his tour..He said himself, he preferd it to the Axe but currently wasnt stable/sutible enough just yet, hence why he was perhaps pushing for it, sending mails to CK and ended up a fight on here.

I say all this as Ive been on world tours, and I understand the complications of rig setups and its endless problems, and when on a time limit you gotta get things done like yesterday. so its tough work.

He is not better than us no.. just his demands and complications are a lot worse than ours. gotta understand that side of being a pro too.

Imagine you getting a gig of some sort where the client demands something, you can 100% deliver it with the KPA but when you actually get to it it casues problems...time is running out, and the client is breathing down your neck. - the KPA sound is perfect for the application but unusable.. - Im sure anyone will quite rightly at this point make a point of contact, albeit perhaps in a much better way that radaly did in his first OP. - so you wait...wait and wait some more, after sending mails to support with no answers. (as he claimed) so as nothing has happend it turns to frustration, as you cant use the quality of the KPA for what you needed, and nothing worse than settling for 2nd best..

However, The original post was a bit cocky to say the least so I can also understand why it got a few folks on the defence side of things, although he made up for that in his last post (thats great btw) - lets give the guy a break a bit, and let him sort his own problems out in the way he knows best.

Radly, in future (assuming you will be back, and we hope you will) - the forum here is very open, so dont need to be afraid to post what you want in terms of features and things, as im sure everyone will be interested in what you have to say.

Lastly, good luck on your tour!.
    A

• Hi Andy,

thanks for your posting. You made me understand Radleys side of the story a bit better and I have edited my posting accordingly. Now this is what makes this a great community.

Thanks again,

Dote

• It's all so easy.
    It was only Radley's style and sometimes quite strong expressions that always caused a little standoff between the people delighted and happy with their KPA and the people wanting more, and wanting it fast.
    His points are absolutely understandable, and such the professional musician he is, his demand towards the KPA will always be definitely higher in some of the areas that most people care less about (such as noise issues, what is ok in a studio, but sometimes very hard to deal with in a live situation).
    I have to agree with Profiler on his post about the fact that everyone who buys a KPA has the chance to do a research on it, and realize that it's still in its childhood.
    One thing that everyone has to realize is that the KPA is only getting better from the beginning, and definitely not worse. I wouldn't call the latter improvements little or slow-paced... I don't recall getting more frequent updates for my Axe-Fx Ultra when I had it back in the days.
    Last, but not least: you can't expect a company's CEO to "babysit" you after purchasing a product. It's absolutely unrealistic, no matter who you are. You are not a signed KPA artist, in a sense you're nothing more than a simple KPA user as everyone else is. If you want to be heard and taken seriously, first of all, cooperate, and secondarily, even when you're not satisfied, try to find and hit a tone that is more acceptable and doesn't feel like it's aimed towards bashing the unit or the developers.
    My 2 cents.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• But Radley stated elsewhere that the kpa was never in serious contention to go on tour from the beggining, as mentioned on fractal. While sometimes an interesting read and sometimes helpful, it has been more like the high maintenance girlfriend scenario from my perspective. Needy, needing to feel important and ultimately a bit to much drama for most people to take ;-). Ha. Said in gest of course

I would think that if Kemper team wanted to get feedback from certain people and pros they would reach out to them themselves rather then having someone try to contact them and offer their input on how to fix their product. I do know that they actually are listening and reading more then we probabably realize

While cool that Hadley hangs out on forums and loves to talk gear and is no doubt a talented player. I think sometimes the strife it can bring by content and tone would be much more beneficial if lessened. Which brings me back to my earlier statement of just use what works and don't create waves where you don't need them to.

All the best on your tour.

• I will be posting much less here - My comments, critiques and suggestions will be going directly to Christoph and his beta team. I am very happy that we have finally 'connected', and I will do my best to make the KPA platform better than ever - you can count on that...

• I will be posting much less here - My comments, critiques and suggestions will be going directly to Christoph and his beta team. I am very happy that we have finally 'connected', and I will do my best to make the KPA platform better than ever - you can count on that...

Relieved......but still speechless. Good luck on your tour.

lowly non-artist nobody here :?:

• Flattery will get you nowhere ^^ Besides, you should be nice to your fellow beta tester - looking forward to the challenge and the future of Kemper! 8o

• Congratulations, you know your duty now. Make sure they get this into shape, and don't forget the rest of us here waiting! ;)

You've got it (don't forget - I'm waiting too!) I will do all I can to be productive and help things to progress... unfortunately I have to finish the tour we just started before the process can really begin (on my part). :wacko: I REALLY wish I could be active for the next update, as I believe it will be pretty big...

• Hadley, glad you decided to keep your KPA.

Glad you got on the Beta team. Tell them not to allow it to sound like an Axe 2 at the expense of what it's very good at now... ;)

No worries Fastdog! There is already an AFX. What Christoph is doing is very different approach-wise and sonically, and that is what I (and many others) will be focused on - not on duplicating any other system or sonics, but rather improving and solidifying the foundational platform Christoph 'unleashed' upon the world. Issues like aliasing and noise will certainly be on my radar, as well as stabilizing the OS for serious live usage with midi & such....