When the rubber meets the road...

• If the next update does not provide serious improvements in the KPA's Noise Reduction and Digital aliasing problems and overall usability, I will likely be selling my unit.

I will continue to keep tabs on it's development, in hopes it will ultimately become all that has been promised, but I have been seriously disappointed at the 'pace of progress' with the KPA in the last 6 months. There would seem to be a lack of urgency and effort for this product, and that concerns me both as a user and an investor.

All modelers known to man 8o

• If the next update does not provide serious improvements in the KPA's Noise Reduction and Digital aliasing problems and overall usability, I will likely be selling my unit.

I will continue to keep tabs on it's development, in hopes it will ultimately become all that has been promised, but I have been seriously disappointed at the 'pace of progress' with the KPA in the last 6 months. There would seem to be a lack of urgency and effort for this product, and that concerns me both as a user and an investor.

It was only released on January 1st 2012.
    According to my calender that's 4 months and 25 days...not 6 months. ;)

C'mon, we gave GWB 8 years, give CK at least 6 months. :D

• The product is available only since 5 months (not even, Thomann started shipping after xmas) and we had 12 FW updates and the Rig Pack #1....very slow.... 8o :D
    Is normal that bug fixing has taken the priority at the beginning, but at the moment the focus is swifting to usability improvements and user requests. Be a bit more patient and you'll see.... ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• It was only released on January 1st 2012.
    According to my calender that's 4 months and 25 days...not 6 months. ;)

C'mon, we gave GWB 8 years, give CK at least 6 months. :D

Lance - You didn't give GWB diddly swat...we both know that. 8o The Kemper Design has been around and demo'd for over two years now. I see the meagerly progress at this point a as rather troubling sign. Like I said: the next update will be the game-changer or game-ender for me...

• Hadley

Am I correct in saying at this point in time you're concerned about the noise and aliasing when using the built in KPA high gain distortion pedals?
    Is there not enough gain available in the actual amp Profiles?

Hadley,
    I told before that we are taking care of noise issues.
    But it seems that you suffering so much, that I am willing to take your unit back.
    Please send a message to our support for details.

• Hadley,
    But it seems that you suffering so much, that I am willing to take your unit back.

I think this is a very fair proposal on behalf of Kemper.

I hope Radley will agree to this offer. Makes no sense to use a product if you are not happy with it. Thumbs up for Kemper for this great offer to Radley (which should remain a one-time offer).

Cheers,

Dote

• Hadley,

Now that is what I call customer service, what more can you ask for.
    It just sounds like Radley is unhappy with what he has now and the owner of the company has made a generous offer.

For me I knew going in I would be involved in a evolving product and signed on for it.
    Sure there are functions I would love to have today but that is just not the way it works. I am ok with that.
    We have all become so spoiled by technology.
    Chris

+1

• Now that is what I call customer service, what more can you ask for.
    It just sounds like Radley is unhappy with what he has now and the owner of the company has made a generous offer.

For me I knew going in I would be involved in a evolving product and signed on for it.
    Sure there are functions I would love to have today but that is just not the way it works. I am ok with that.
    We have all become so spoiled by technology.
    Chris

I totally agree. I'm sure Chris is working to address issues.

I remember when you bought a product, and it was buggy, you were stuck with it and it stayed buggy with no hope for any updates. I worked for a major consumer electronics manufacturer in the '90s and there was one model of a laser disc/DVD player that was a total lemon. There was no way to update the firmware or features, and it was horrible.

Now, with the Internet, almost anything can be updated and have features added or operational problems resolved.

• Thank you Christoph for your very considerate offer to let me return my KPA - I agree with the others that this is customer service at it's best. I have contacted Kemper support, since I'm leaving on tour early tuesday morning. Again, this is much appreciated!

~Hadley~

• Hadley,

Christoph, you are yet to let me down.. I'm laughing so hard, you're a great guy, way to show people how it works... :thumbup:
    Professional attitude, just the right amount of sarcasm... really, whatever there is wrong (or I'd rather say unrefined) with the KPA, you make up for it personally :D

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• I am baffled by the noise issues that Radley is having and have yet to experience the aliasing issues that Radley reports...I have used the unit for recording and for consistent live use since receiving my unit....I haven't had noise problems even when using low output vintage pickups...well other than the noise typically expected when too close to my studio monitors....Christophe this micro machine just makes me want to play guitar and the profiles I download keep getting better hats off to you sir from Nor-Cal

• Hadley,

Well done. I love my KPA and am willing to take this walk with you and your company. Thanks for a GREAT product! :love:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer