Weird popping and humming issues

• Hey all,

I just got my kemper profiler stage and am having some weird issues that I’m not sure are normal or not. Firstly the I seem to get a lot of noise when playing, even through clean profiles the hum can be heard along with the notes. Secondly, the hum gets even worse if I touch any of the knobs on the unit, so when I’m trying to set the noise gates the noise gets even louder. Finally, there are small pops in my audio while playing with headphones, originally I thought this was due to the headphones, but I tried another set to no avail.

Troubleshooting steps I’ve taken:

Tried a strat with single coils, a les Paul with p90s and a les Paul with Humbuckers. All had a similar amount of noise.

Tried different cables. No fix.

Tried the kemper in different outlets. No fix.

Unplugged every electronic unit in the room except the kemper. No fix.

Ran the kemper with only a guitar and headphones plugged in. No fix.

Reset to default settings. No fix.

I unplugged the guitar cable and turned the gain all the way up and the unit was silent.

I tried spinning around and pointing my guitar in different spots in the room but had no affect towards the hum.

Hopefully I was descriptive enough. I’m not sure if this is normal or not.

• Since I did the factory reset I haven’t touched any of the ground switch settings so they are in original config, all on I believe. I was able to significantly reduce the hum by putting my stage on a table and moving further away from the unit. I think sitting too close was making some kind of weird feedback loop. This made no difference to the buttons making noise though.