Bouncing between Fractal and Kemper...

• Been on Fractal for about 2 years now. Have the FM3 and blown away by it. Kept my Kemper because it is amazing, still. Love the tones. But....The Kemper Editor is crap at best. Not intuitive at all. Can't simply copy my rigs I like into my performances. Can't edit rigs I like on Rig Exchange then take those settings I like that I made and import that rig into my Kemper. Once I import the rig to My unit, I have to start over with the editing. PLEASE tell me this is mostly user error or is this editor really that crappy? Fractal has better effects. Kemper's overall amp tones beats Fractal imo. But Fractal's editors are SO much easier to navigate. Crazy to come back after a break to see what hasn't changed. Again, just my opinion, but someone please tell me it's operator error on my part...Cheers guys.

• Hmmm...

Well I've never played or used an Axe FX so I'll take your word for it.

That being said I have no issues manipulating rigs.

I drop one I like into a performance and change what I want. I save the performance after each rig insert/change.

I do this with the profiler in performance mode.

I do not find this to be difficult or unintuitive. YMMV

And nothing wrong at all if you like the FM3 more.

• Thanks for the response man. I think I was in Browser mode. i will give it another shot. Love the FM3, I will always keep my Kemper. it's just too awesome and the tones are amazing. If the Kemper 2 in the future is a floorboard with a power amp in it. I'm sold. Thanks again!

• Thanks for the response man. I think I was in Browser mode. i will give it another shot. Love the FM3, I will always keep my Kemper. it's just too awesome and the tones are amazing. If the Kemper 2 in the future is a floorboard with a power amp in it. I'm sold. Thanks again!

No worries!

I'm on the latest beta 7.5.3 just so you know. Seems nice a solid.

• it’s user error but I’m not exactly sure what you are doing wrong. Bear in mind that browser mode and performance mode are totally separate on the KPA. It is possible to have a rig in the Browser pool copy it into a performance tweak and re save it and still have the original rig available in the browser pool to use elsewhere.

• an't edit rigs I like on Rig Exchange then take those settings I like that I made and import that rig into my Kemper. Once I import the rig to My unit, I have to start over with the editing.

You can save the rig into your profiler, or into your local library. I have a "work" folder there for just such purpose. If I'm not really sure about a rig, I put it there and continue to edit it. After that, I either save it permanently in either the profiler or another local library folder, or I delete it altogether.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Interesting that you're blown away by the FM3. I had one for a few weeks and thought it was terrible. it does sound really good, but it's like they put absolutely no thought into the user experience of it other than "hey, let's give the AxeFX 3 a few footswitches and call it a day." It was completely useless without being hooked up to a computer for editing.

For me, FM3 edit was terrible in other ways, like how picking a cab was literally just a dump of 1000 IRs to scroll through, or how there was no way to organize groups of presets.

But this is just my experience, and by no means do I want to take away from yours. I happily sold mine for what I paid for it.

• Interesting that you're blown away by the FM3. I had one for a few weeks and thought it was terrible. it does sound really good, but it's like they put absolutely no thought into the user experience of it other than "hey, let's give the AxeFX 3 a few footswitches and call it a day." It was completely useless without being hooked up to a computer for editing.

For me, FM3 edit was terrible in other ways, like how picking a cab was literally just a dump of 1000 IRs to scroll through, or how there was no way to organize groups of presets.

But this is just my experience, and by no means do I want to take away from yours. I happily sold mine for what I paid for it.

Ya man I feel you. They are def lacking ways to organize on Fractal Edit Software. NO WAY I could settle for 3 switches. I bought an FC6 and basically run the FM3 as the brain so Presets - Effects - Tap Tempo then on the FC6 are my effects (I like to run it like a traditional pedalboard). But to each their own. I love the Kemper don't get me wrong. I truly think the pure amp tones no effects shoot out Kemper for sure. Fractal in my opinion has better effects and a wider selection. I need to record with the Kemper again though. It's been a minute since I've done that.

• I have a friend that has the Axe III Fx. He got one of the very first ones.

While I really loved the editor (I am an engineer after all), after a couple hours of fiddling, I found that while the Axe is definitely more flexible (hands down), it is not nearly as easy as the Kemper to simply get a good tone out of.

Perhaps if someone was very familiar with the Axe, this wouldn't be the case.

I left after around 6 hours of playing around between the Axe III Fx and my KPA and felt that either device was a premium gigging device. The KPA just got to good tones faster IME. I do agree about the efx on the Axe. There is literally NOTHING you can't do with that device.

• I had the chance to compare the Kemper Stage and FM3 (which has the same sound engine as the Axe 3) for a week or so. The FM3 certainly had more modulation and drive pedal options, and the overall quality of modulation was better. I personally think Kemper reverb and delays are hands down better, though. But I care less about accurate recreation of classic delays and reverbs, and more about lushness and richness in tone.

• i own the Kemper and the Axe 3 and i love both devices,question what do you prefer an editor or a great sounding device?i prefer a good sounding device,i dont really care about an editor.

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• Check out OM9 for use with an FM3 and FC6. It allows you to add and multipurpose the IAs. OMG also works on just the FM3. You can set the 3 main switches to Preset, Scene, and FX. Momentary tap can be used for changing the IA to Banks, individual FX, and hold with give you tuner, tempo or looper. Whatever you want to program. Works great on both my FM3s. One with a FC6 and the other just the FM3.

Makes the FM3 very versatile.

Love my Kemper too.