How many profiles do YOU keep on your profile and in your local library?

• I like to keep everything clean and easy, so think of them as real amps that I want to play. So I only keep 5 or 6 "amps" that I like and really need on my profilers. Every one of these "amps" has about 10 to 141 profiles (as the latest Purple Plexi from TJ). So there you go - all in all I keep about 350 profiles on the unit itself.

All the other amps/ profiles live in the local library of my RM and are used only for special occasions if necessary. There are about 30 different amps there.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• I keep just a handful of amps (rigs) on my KPA. I swap stuff in and out, but total rigs is less than 20. Some of those are variations of the same rig.

RE: Performance mode. I've found that the more I use it, the fewer slots I employ. Used to be I'd have slots for Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Big Chorus....etc. That got real old real quick for me.

As time goes on, it's one or two slots. Three at most (for something like a big ambient wash). Within a slot, if I do it at all it's a morph parameter or most likely a pure booster to augment.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• then let me ask: how do you use these? for me, way too much to handle. And then, how many rigs do you use in performance mode?

Good question. I use far less rigs in my perfomances, indeed. All in all I use about 15-20 rigs, to be honest (=drive states of those amps). And I don't need more. So, yes, I could even throw out all those rigs of a same amp that I don't use and just keep the rigs I really use. Maybe I just keep them for purposes of "just in case" or... :/...is it autism ? Dunno why, no real reason, maybe only to have all the profiled rigs of the same amps together for irrational reasons of completeness. Or... man this IS autism, I guess=O.

Second part of your question: most of the time as an amp performance of the same amp from clean to lead (5 slots). So I simply switch to the amp I need and have 5 different drive states at my feet. In one of my bands (U2 tribute) I use one performance per song with slots for different parts of each song. Each slot can contain up to three different rigs of the same amp but most of the time I really only use the one same favourite rig for this application (Vox AC30).

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited 3 times, last by Alienator ().

• great responses so far. the previous owner easily had >300 profiles on it, I need to sit down and filter out what I won't use.

Each slot can contain up to three different rigs of the same amp but most of the time I really only use the one same favourite rig for this application (Vox AC30).

Is that a stock Kemper profile, Rig Exchange, or commercial one? I feel like the AC30 has a really rich and complex sound, haven't settled on a favorite version yet.

• For me profiles work like any new pedal/effect, and that is it gives me new inspiration, new riffs. So that's one reason i check new profiles occasionally.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I dumped all but favorites into my local library. Went from 846 profiles to 80 and I plan on paring it down some more. For me, it really improved the time to boot up and to back up

• I have more or less 70 rigs in my Profiler.
    I marked more or less 20 of them as favorites and I set the browsing to show favorites only. So I have less to search on a daily use, but more available just in case.

In local I have everything organized by producer (folder) and rig pack (sub folder).

• great responses so far. the previous owner easily had >300 profiles on it, I need to sit down and filter out what I won't use.

Personally I rely on Michael Britt's 65 AC30 pack. I also own Tone Junkie's 66 AC30 pack which is also really good but brighter in a way I do not want it. Yes, you can easily EQ it to taste but out of the box I just stuck with the first.

• How many profiles do YOU keep on your profile and in your local library?

Relatively new owner here, also wondering how you keep them organized.

I've got the profiles in browse mode close to maxed 997 or so. I've almost got the performances maxed. Live, I generally use about five performances. Been telling myself I was going to "clean things up" forever, but haven't gotten around to it yet. For my local library? Well, I have a serious problem. Lack of self control =)

• Local library = 653

Profiler = 287

My local library is sorted by maker/pack.

That's how I have my local library sorted. Wish there was a better way to sort the Browse pool on the profiler a little better, but I also use performances live and Rig Manager at home, so it's not really a big deal to me.

• I play in a cover band and have separate Performance scenes for each song we do, so there are probably 40-50 scenes being used for rehearsal and stage. In each of those scenes, depending on the song, I’ll have separate intro/verse/chorus/solo patches which could be entirely different rig setups, or just the same amp/profile setup with a simple boost or other effect turned on/off as the case may be.

The rationale for me is that I can move scenes around when the set list order changes, and all of the song specific patches are then within that one performance slot. During a set, I can hit the ‘solo’ patch or ‘chorus’ patch, without having to remember which specific effects are relevant to it. (I’m lazy that way). If a song only has ‘one sound’ requirement, then the other slots remain empty. If we don’t play a song for a few months, then come back to it, I don’t have to remember any rig details - just hit the appropriate scene and patch and it’s like clockwork.

The local library is another story - it needs some attention and organizational strategy... I’ll be following along to see others’ usage for ideals on this part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    JS-2000 / JS-100 (BLK) / Kemper (un-powered) Toaster / FCB1010 (Uno4Kemper)

• I have about 850~900. I've found at 975 it was impossible to run an update, had to delete 100 or so to free up some memory. There's still so many rigs I haven't tried so I'm reluctant to cull them at the moment, but I do prefer auditioning them through the unit rather than rig manager as I can't view my pc and Kemper at the same time. I have thousands in my local library.

I also have 7000 unread emails

• For me I guess its how often you connect to RM.

I tend to keep mine at about half full and have about 20 profiles in my 'favourites'

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel