KPA Rack Rig "down" button broken mechanically

• Hi, just bought used Kemper Rack version and noticed that RIG Down push button is broken mechanically, it does´t go down or click or anything when pressing and i also tried to pull and move button with pliers, knife, srcrewdriver etc but no help. I feels like there is something between push button and micros-witch on PCB or micro-switch is broken

Has anyone tried to disassemble front panel PCB, i watched some youtube video where someone opens casing and it seemed that front panel has PCB attached with srcrews

How potentiometer knobs are attached, main switch has fixing screw on side but others are just pushed on place ?

Or is whole front panel one part and cannot be disassembled

My unit is old and has no warranty anymore, just asked from tech help and they said i can send Kemper there for fixing it but price for repair cannot be estimated before they check it out, i'm afraid postage and repair fee is going to be too high

Thanks Vesa

• Welcome.

First of all contact the seller. If this is a fault that wasn’t described prior to the deal you have to get compensation.

Secondly contact support to get the problem fixed professionally.
    EDIT: I see you did.
    Disassembling the Profiler is not easy though so I'd recommend to follow support's advice.

• Disassembling the Profiler is not easy though so I'd recommend to follow support's advice.

This is quite true. FAR more involved in getting behind the front panel than it sounds.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Fault was not part of deal but i have settled compensation and i'm good with overall price

Is it "really" hard job to disassemble front panel, i have quite good skills with electronic devices and have been repairing and building analog guitar amps etc

But if its really hard to fix then i believe and leave it

Which are functions that needs this down button, browsing profiles and in perform mode there is something that i cant do, what else?

• Since any device with potentially lethal voltages inside should only ever be serviced by authorized and experienced service personal, I will close this thread as OP is asking for advice on how to do just that.

Please contact support and ask nicely, maybe they will help out.