Fractal's "Pitch Follower" for Kemper

• ...or something like "Pitch Follower parameters" in the amp menu or as an fx block. In the Axe FX the pitch follower can reinforce certain parameters when certain pitches are played on the guitar. If for example some higher strings/pitches sound thin when you play, fractal users can set the PF to reinforce those or just add volume, compression, gain, fx, EQ or whatever else on only those (higher or lower) pitches. There are uncountable possible cool applications for this.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited 2 times, last by Alienator ().

• Have you tried on Axe if it performs well?

What is if you play chords?

I had the opportunity to quickly play over it and was impressed. But I did not mess too long with its parameters. I would say, yes, it worked very well under my fingers but as everything I would assume it depends on how you set it. If you can choose yourself at which pitch you want the the PF to kick in there should be no problems, even if you play "chords" very far up the neck (which you normally don't do but you mostly use them more for lead playing). But to be honest, I haven't tried the PF at very low settings. What I tested was something more like in this short video example:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I will try to find opportunities to mess a little more with it and will come back to report my experiences. Maybe regular fractal users in this forum can tell even more about the Pitch Follower, in the meantime?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited once, last by Alienator ().

• So this is more like a soft switch that is triggered by higher notes, differentiating between chords and single notes.

Not a real follower.

Ok, thanks. I actually don't know what a real pitch follower is. I heard about such a thing for the first time from fractal . So what they call pitch follower and that function I mention above is totally cool. I see a ton of usability. That is why this feature just HAD to land on this feature request corner. I would love to have such a feature in my Kempers.

• So this is more like a soft switch that is triggered by higher notes, differentiating between chords and single notes.

Not a real follower.

Morning CK - whatever it's called & functions as it would serve me & many others well.

Any chance of it being in the KPA's future?

I have no doubt your approach would be different & unique however, your creation would be of greater advantage & use to your community.

• .Given in the video its really trying to show a switch from rhythm to riffs/solo, I often start a solo lower down the pitch range...so then it wouldn't work. I'm the opposite, I like to control whats going on, not have the device automate changes for me. That's why I never use auto wah.

To me, seems like an over engineered problem to avoid hitting 1 switch.