Stage Profiler - New Guy In The House. Help!

• Just bought a new Stage from AMS. Saved a couple hundred bucks for the repackaged unit. I guess whoever had it erased it, so I need to factory restore because I only have two presets and nothing else. Can someone show me the proper way to restore it like it came off the line so I can jam thru some presets? I have heard that I need a USB drive to do it properly. Thank you...looking fwd to lotsa fun and good info from here!

• First things first download rig manager off kempers website.

You’re supposed to be able to update firmware with it but I never have so I just use the usb drive approach. But it’s a good editing tool as primarily.

I believe there is a way in system settings to reset to factory setting (rigs included) but... I can say with almost certainty you’re better off going to tone junkie.com and MichaleBritt.com and downloading their free packs.

Theyre really the two most widely used I’d say and for a valid reason...

Unless you’re a heavy metal player you’ll have everything there to get started. Keeping the factory rigs off will free up space and sonic confusion when testing out the goods from tone junkie and mbritt.

Good luck and Regardless of what you do, understand that if this is your first go at kemper to give it time if you’re frustrated. Took me a year and a half to get it but now I can’t imagine relying on a pedal board of patch cables and sound men who don’t care and lugging heavy gear...

• eeeks. This all sounds difficult. I was hoping to kick it on, hear presets and get some instant gratification. I do have the rig manager, but I don’t see anything when I open it. It’s connected, the Kemper shows. So the rig manager will not factory restore?

• Thanks for the encouragement! I got it all reformatted and ready to go. I had to do it or it would drive me bats not knowing what the presets had to offer. :-/ So far I'm at the Gilmour patch and I can't stop playing on that one. Man it sounds great. Gonna look into those sites GuyJames referred me to. Thanks again all...I'm sure I'll have more questions!

• bobbyodell sorry to hear it was a rough start but, I'm glad to hear you got it worked out and got your Kemper reformatted.

There are tons of great stock profiles and just like GuyJames said, the free MBritt and ToneJunkie profiles are a great place to start and they cover a lot of ground. If you're into anything heavier and are looking for some high gain or metal/hard rock profiles I'd suggest checking out the free SinMix profiles. Also, the Guido Bungenstock and Lars Luettge rig packs that are in Rig Manager are really great too and have some awesome high gain profiles.

Congrats on getting your Kemper!

And welcome to the Kemper Community :)

• Sounds like your sorted but your best bet ( if you haven't already):

1) Factory reset

2) Download latest release for Rig manager onto your PC

3) Use a USB to update the stage to latest version

Then it will be as good as new. I agree, don't buy any rigs yet, explore the free stuff first.

I would also advise when trying rigs

1) search for the types of amps you like - I was an ENGL user so I started there

2) Try the rig and if you don;t like it, don't tweak to death, move on

• thank you thank you all! Yes...I am loving this powerful unit. So amazed by the sound quality. The version I see is 4.7.1 and a bunch of numbers, so I assume I am close to the latest update! Thanks again for the warm welcomes!