Digital clipping on nearly all profiles, low output guitar

• Reaching out to the experts in the group on a technical issue. I have a Kemper Powerhead, Remote and Kabinet.

I have started to find that on bright guitars I'm getting really bad digital clipping when the guitar volume is all the way up, particularly on the pick attack. It cleans up when I roll down the volume, doesn't happen so much on high output Les Pauls for example. This is happening even on relatively low output Strats, and it happens on most profiles.

I'm sure it didn't always do this; three things may have changed:

1. I have messed around with some setting that i can't find;
    2. It's happened since I first used the remote;
    3. I have done a number of s/w upgrades.

I'm sure it's just me, and I haven't yet done comprehensive testing, but does anyone experienced have any obvious suggestions?

Cheers.

WildBillMojo

• it is unlikely that points 2 or 3 caused the problem. Point 1 is the most likely. How do you have your Clean Sens set in the input menu? Try reducing this and listen for any changes. Remember that Clean Sens can be saved as part of each profile or locked globally for all profiles. Also, it is independent between Browser mode and Performance mode so take notes on when the problem is audible. All profiles in all modes? Some profiles in all modes? All profiles in only one mode etc.

• Yes maybe I've managed to lock it globally coz I was amazed with the Kemper when I first profiled my own amps and now it seems way off. How do I check for global setting?

Thanks.

If you hold in the LOCK button then any area that has a locked parameter will be lit.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Ok weirdness. I have found the issue. The Definition setting on ALL the profiles in the Kemper is set to max. Maybe other settings are off as well, but the Definition was obvious. No idea why, obviously there are a lot of profiles so I didn’t do it by hand. Is it even possible to do it in batch?. I’ll be deleting and reloading a backup.

WildBillMojo

• Ok weirdness. I have found the issue. The Definition setting on ALL the profiles in the Kemper is set to max. Maybe other settings are off as well, but the Definition was obvious. No idea why, obviously there are a lot of profiles so I didn’t do it by hand. Is it even possible to do it in batch?. I’ll be deleting and reloading a backup.

can you make a backup before that for support?