Possible to use reverb freeze without it hijacking the reverb itself?

• Whenever I want to freeze the reverb, the guitar becomes dry, because the reverb has froze, ofcourse.. But the downside is that I have to apply a second really wet reverb along with the frozen one.. And then, when I unfreeze it, it becomes ultra wet and unplayable.. Best scenario would be if the reverb duplicated itself when I hit that freeze.. Freezing the reverb, but at the same time keeping a clone for my guitar when I play... Is this a possibility somehow?

• I don't know if this is possible but can you assign a pedal to freeze the reverb and at the same time turn on the same reverb on another slot?

That thought actually crossed my mind, but is it possible in reality? Isn't it so that only one stomp can be assigned to one button? :/

• You can assign multiple functions to a single button definitely as that's how I used to use it. Can you assign the freeze parameter, that's the question.

From memory turn on stomp A on the Kemper, press and hold stomp A and press a button on the pedal. Press the Kemper pedal button to turn off stomp A. Now turn on stomp b, press and hold stomp B then press the same button on the pedal, they should cycle.

• Have you tried setting the decay time parameter to the minimum value for your freeze-enabled reverb? This works for me, no need to turn it on and off, and the freeze still works fine.

• You can assign multiple stomps/effects to a single footswitch and you can assign some of them to turn one when others turn off. What you can't do, as far as I can tell, is assign a single stomp/effect to more than one footswitch.

I am away from my Kemper, so I can't try it, but I bet you can assign your freeze and your second reverb to turn on with one footswitch...just like Audiopilot suggested above.

If you use morph to do any of this, you can set how quickly the reverbs fade in or out. That sometimes makes those transitions much smoother. Depending on what you are going for, having the freeze not just suddenly end might sound more natural. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Be Thankful.

• Have you tried setting the decay time parameter to the minimum value for your freeze-enabled reverb? This works for me, no need to turn it on and off, and the freeze still works fine.

Really? If so, this would be the best option. Having too many reverbs and delays makes the Kemper hang or behave strange ways.. So you just freeze the reverb, and then dial it in once it's frozen, and it has it's own frozen settings?

• Sorry, I didn't explain it fully. You'll still need 2 reverbs, one to provide the reverb sound and one to provide the freeze. The reverb that you control the freeze parameter on is the one that should be set with minimum decay time.