How accurate is an Kone Imprint for a speaker on which it is based?

• I do not have a Kemper Kone (yet) but for those who have an already made this comparison, what did you guys think ?

i'm curious focused on details .. i know well that the Kone brings some things were missing like 'AITR' thing.. etc.

are the Kone imprints really close in terms of.. resonance.. you know, you FEEL the dynamic to the speaker which it is based on?

• like Ingolf, I havent played all the speakers in the list and you must be aware that every speaker will sound different in different cabinets so the only way to know for sure is to A/B them in the same cabinet. I did try and A/B between my Mesa Thiele ported EVM12L and the EVM12L imprint using the Kemper Kabinet. They weren’t identical (but the cabinets are obviously very different) but the basic flavour of the speaker was incredibly close. I did intend to take an EV out of one of my Mesa Cabs and replace it with the Kone to do a proper A/B but to be honest I lost interest. The Kabinet is fantastic and with the EV imprint it sounds awesome.

• I don't have experience with all the speakers whose imprints are available, but of the ones I do - I think they're spot on.

like Ingolf, I havent played all the speakers in the list and you must be aware that every speaker will sound different in different cabinets so the only way to know for sure is to A/B them in the same cabinet. I did try and A/B between my Mesa Thiele ported EVM12L and the EVM12L imprint using the Kemper Kabinet. They weren’t identical (but the cabinets are obviously very different) but the basic flavour of the speaker was incredibly close. I did intend to take an EV out of one of my Mesa Cabs and replace it with the Kone to do a proper A/B but to be honest I lost interest. The Kabinet is fantastic and with the EV imprint it sounds awesome.

it's nice to hear that from you guys.. some A/B tests would be very interesting to deeply compare those differences even if they are sublime in some way. maybe some graphics.. and stuff like that.. anyway.