External Midi Switching Help !!

• Hi Everyone in Kemperland,

For ages I've been mixing external pedals and the Kemper effects, but switching manually.

The dancing required to stomp in timehas become a major pain, so I've bought a programmable 8 bypass looper (Buzz). Which I am hoping will do the job of one stomp on the Kemper controller per song change !

Is there an obvious way in performance mode that when I change to a new song that the Midi info from the Kemper switches all the pedals accordingly.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

PS I'm an old school technophobe sold on the Kemper by its sound not its ease of programming ! So please treat me gently !

• you can send up to two program changes for every slot in every performance in performance edit mode. Make sure you set the same MIDI channels in the system menu of the Profiler and in your receiving unit.

• Hi,

I'm still totally confused !

The pedals are not Midi, they are accessed through a Buzz Midi controller with 8 bypass loops and a pedal on each loop.

As I go to a new performance (song) I want the Kemper to instruct the Midi Controller which external pedals to engage or switch off. Is this doable and how do I do it ?

Big thanks to anyone who can help !

• You have to set the KPA to send the correct MIDI information to the switcher to engage/disengage each loop. You're going to need the manual to the switcher and set it so that it knows what do do when the KPA sends a program change.

A program change can also be called a patch, preset...whatever...you're changing to a 'preset' on the switcher. You're setting presets on the switcher for certain pedal configurations and using MIDI commands to select them through the KPA.

MIDI is a standard for communication. How one unit can 'talk' to another. However, each switcher is different so there's no way to walk you through how you set this up.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche