Input Clipping (possibly after upgrading to the latest beta)

• Hi,

I have a MusicMan Majesty 2015 with Dimarzio Illuminator pickups connected to a Kemper Stage.

I've suddenly noticed clipping in the input section when palm-muting with bridge pickup.

Seems to happen with all profiles, both distorted and clean.

Looks like it only stops when I decrease Clean Sense to -6db (then clean sound is pretty low compare to the distortion).

I've just upgraded to the latest beta version, so I'm pretty sure it only happened after that, because I think I would notice it if it was there before.. But not 100% sure..

How should I handle this?

Thanks

• I noticed this as well. When I first got the Kemper a couple years ago, this wasn’t the case. I have noticed that going down to -6db on the input is about right. However, it does make all rigs 6db cleaner and I’m too lazy to adjust every rig accordingly. Especially when I’ve yet to hear any significant difference. My thinking is that if I am profiling and I take the cable out of the Kemper and plug it into the amp I’m currently working with, it should sound the same. That wouldn’t be so with the input trimmed back. Most people seem to just keep it all at zero and I know that, though I use humbuckers, there are plenty of players using way hotter pickups than me. Point being.... it’s just an indicator light and as someone else pointed out, the calibration on it is such that it’s more of a warning/caution light and is pretty forgiving. My ears would agree.

• I noticed this as well. When I first got the Kemper a couple years ago, this wasn’t the case. I have noticed that going down to -6db on the input is about right. However, it does make all rigs 6db cleaner and I’m too lazy to adjust every rig accordingly.

I don’t think its a recent software issue. I got mine about 2 1/2 years ago. I’ve always had to set at -6 or lower. In fact initially I set it between -8 and -9. I play both HB and SC guitars which aren’t particularly high output.

• So maybe it's the guitar.. Like pickups height or something.. Maybe it's time for a set-up.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.. I'll see if I hear a difference in sound when it's clipping yellow/red (mostly with palm-mute).
    If I don't so maybe I'll just leave it as is, as suggested.

Thanks.

• Sounds a lot like a problem I'm having. Sounds like a distortion pedal is cranked up, even with the entire Stomps section disabled. If I turn Clean and Distortion sense both down to 12 it sounds more normal. I did a full wipe a restored a backup and it was good for a day. I'm running 7.3.2.16239.

• turn off the amp and cab completely So you are just hearing the clean guitar signal and play. You will hear whether it is clipping much more easily.

Genius idea! Think that helps me narrow down my problem. I'll keep that in my thread though, so I don't take this guy's off track.