Drop in sound quality

• Hi,

I've had a Kemper unpowered rack for a couple of years now and I'm having issues with drops in sound quality. What happens is that all of a sudden all of my profiles that are usually dry suddenly have the same reverb (legacy reverb), The profiles also become very noisy, the output becomes lowered, and the distorted profiles become very similar and the cleaner profiles become very weak and sterile sounding.

I recently had the unit send back to the distributer who replaced the analogue section of the unit. Since I've had it back I've been playing it thinking that it sounds great and the problem must have been sorted. I then started shifting through the profiles and it's gone straight back to having the sound issues. I know what this things capable of but I feel that it only ever sounds close to what I've heard in youtube videos directly after doing an update. Then as soon as I start moving through the profiles the sound drops again.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be going on with this unit? Has anyone had similar problems?

Thanks,

Nick

• Mine did that too. When a profile sounds that way (most but not all did) if you hold down the reverb button and the screen will show the slot being reverb - legacy reverb - Overdrive. When it shows an overdrive in the 3rd position rather than the reverb selection just turn the knob to get it off reverb the put it back and they will all show as they should and that rig will sound good.

But you have to do it for every rig individually.

• Mine did that too. When a profile sounds that way (most but not all did) if you hold down the reverb button and the screen will show the slot being reverb - legacy reverb - Overdrive. When it shows an overdrive in the 3rd position rather than the reverb selection just turn the knob to get it off reverb the put it back and they will all show as they should and that rig will sound good.

But you have to do it for every rig individually.

Thanks, Yeah I held down the reverb button in the effects section and pretty much all profiles have legacy reverb selected. It doesnt say anything about overdrive though. From there I can turn the reverb mix to zero which fixes the reverb problem but all profiles still have the sound issue of all sounding thin and not each with their own character like they used to.