Global Autoassign - Is there a way?

• Hi all

Every time I sample a new rig that already has effects configured into it, the first thing I do is hit the Rig button, go to page 6 if not already there and then mash the Store button until the effects are moved to my Profiler Remote. It's not terribly time consuming but it would greatly enhance my ease of use if there was a way to have this done automatically when a rig is loaded.

Is there a setting I can toggle to have this take place automatically across all Rigs or is there a reason it doesn't exist that I haven't considered?

Thanks

• its easy if you are using the same effects in all rigs (like a virtual pedal board) but more work if you are changing fx per rig.

if you use a standard layout of effects and remote buttons for these then load a rig with your FX assigned. Now Lock ALL FX but leave The Stach Section unlocked. On the Head or Rack this is a two step process - select Stomps Group then Hit lock. Next select FX block and hit lock. Now load whichever amp you want and you will have your full rig with all FX assigned. Hit store. Now load the next amp and store that too. Once all rigs have been stored simply unlock the Stomps and FX blocks and your are good to go.

• Any autoassign function will have its limitations. There are eight effect modules plus Action & Freeze. There could be multiple Infinity, Freeze and Rotary Speed within one Rig. And there are four Effect Buttons. You might want to use one button to toggle multiple functions simultaneously or inversly. Perhaps you never want to deactivate the Compressor in module A, so why wasting an Effect Button for it? Perhaps you have reassigned the LOOPER button of your Remote to control module C globally, so why assigning it also to an Effect Button? I think, given its flexibility this requires intelligent decision making Rig by Rig. For me personally an Autoassign would never work. It's just a crotch.

• One person's crutch is another's efficiency. ?

I'm not talking about an incredibly complicated requirement. My Kemper head has 4 Stomp buttons and my remote has 4 effects buttons. I'd like a global option that automatically maps these.

Whether it's easy/ doable/ hard I have no idea, of course.

I'm happy to map the Effects manually to Tap and use morphing if I need stage control over those.

• that makes sense Burkhard but I think something like and assignment page in Rig Manager where you could save button assignments as presets would be the way to handle that rather than auto assignment.

This.

The static way it's implemented as of now means it’s useless to me (and most users).

A preference/presets page would be soooo useful.

• @Finally’s post got me thinking about how I would implement my mapping presets idea. A Remote tab on the editor pane with a graphic of the remote. FS on editor then click FX/function required then click FS icon again. Next FS same process. Right click FS to change function from FX to function eg Freeze/Rotary Speed etc. Should be easy enough. The RJM mastermind editor is a brilliant example of this in action but is WAY more complex and comprehensive than would be needed for the Remote. However, this form of editor driven Remote setup would also open the door to allowing people who want to use the remote to control the KPA and other midi devices in more complex rig. Not something I need personally but I know a number of other users do still use a lot of external midi devices along with KPA.