Kemper Behaving Oddly with External Pedal SOLVED

• Hey Everybody! My set up is a merge of analog and digital. I am running a few pedals in front of the Kemper and I'm playing out of a Mbritt Powertrain. Everything sounds great, but I am getting a strange interaction between the Kemper and my JHS Prestige. When I engage the pedal on minimum I am getting quite a bit of hissing that only increases as the I turn up the pedal. The pedal itself shouldn't produce much noise when at minimum and doesn't when using other amplifiers. As soon as I turn off the stack the hissing disappears. I've been very tempted to turn off the stack and just play through the Valvetrain, but feel guilty about using the Kemper as only a compressor/delay/reverb. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

• I don't use external pedals but many people do on here with no issues.

I assume you've checked all the basics ( cables, noisy power, ground issue). If it works with other amps then sounds to me like some input gain issue. Using the noise gate should help. What is the input light doing? There is only so much "push" you can add before it clips...

Just using the Kemper as compressor/delay/reverb would be a crazy waste of money. The whole point is that its an end to end solution hence why i don;t use any pedals. Why do you need the JHS prestige ( I assume the booster) ? You can get the breakup sound etc within the KPA itself. If you need to boost for solos then you can set up another profile with more gain or use morph.

If you are that set on using the pedal, profile your old set up with the pedal.....

• i get the same on a range of tube & digital amps. One good fit on one can be awful on another without controlling it. I think all you're seeing here is signal that needs suppressing somehow.

• All basics have been checked. The input stays green. Agreed about using the Kemper as just effects. I don't need the Prestige, I'm just a hussie for sound haha. I originally bought it to act as a clean boost/buffer (depending on position). It adds clarity/restores high end on top of my RYRA Klone that I really dig. The weird thing is it really shouldn't be making any noise at minimum value and was just very unexpected because the RYRA is dead quiet up to 1 o'clock. Now that I've had more time to troubleshoot, I do hear it on other amps, its just a lot more apparent with the Kemper through studio monitors, most likely due to the noise floor. Its almost like the notes are enveloped by the hiss. And like CK said its much more apparent on higher gain amps .

• All basics have been checked. The input stays green. Agreed about using the Kemper as just effects. I don't need the Prestige, I'm just a hussie for sound haha. I originally bought it to act as a clean boost/buffer (depending on position). It adds clarity/restores high end on top of my RYRA Klone that I really dig. The weird thing is it really shouldn't be making any noise at minimum value and was just very unexpected because the RYRA is dead quiet up to 1 o'clock. Now that I've had more time to troubleshoot, I do hear it on other amps, its just a lot more apparent with the Kemper through studio monitors, most likely due to the noise floor. Its almost like the notes are enveloped by the hiss. And like CK said its much more apparent on higher gain amps .

To be honest, this is an example of why I don't use pedals, you hussie :)

The balancing of gain across the stack always brings some level of noise. With the amount of variation available ( amps, eq, boosts etc.) I just don't get it but so many people here use them, I must be missing something. I hope the new OD stomps will fill a gap ;)

Sounds like you found the problem so that's good news!