Have I bought an ex-demo kemper?

• Hi Everyone,

This might be a really dumb question.. I have had a Kemper for 5 days & only tonight started on performances.

But when I try to set up performances based on the manual, I don't have any Default Performances to edit. The first 10 performances are called:

1. Example: Mars Amps

2. Example: Fan Amps

3. Example Ace Channels

4. Example: Steave Channel

5. Example: Song A

6: Example: Song B

The first slots on all of these seem to locked, with the button on the right that allows to disable being greyed out. I also can't add in profiles to any of the following 4x slots using the manual-specified method.

As I scroll through the performances, I get to 'New Performance' after slot 10. But the first of the 5 slots is always entered as "Crunch" and I can't modify.

Has this amp been used before?

• What you describe is the factory default state of the Profiler. In each new performance the first slot is enabled and uses the Crunch rig. Simply select a different rig by turning the browse knob while the first slot is selected and store your selection before you load the next performance.

As soon as you select thenext slot you can load another rig with the browse knob and the slot becomes enabled automatically. You may disable every slot later on but the first one. That one is always enabled. That is the reason why the slot enabled option is greyed out for it.

• But I watched a video from Kemper that showed how to make Performances - and it showed that all were empty by default & were called Default Performance.

Additionally - the video said that there are 5 available slots in each performance. In my Kemper the first of the 5 slots is called Crunch. When I select that & then use the browse knob to select the rig I want, it just sits on the browse page & doesn't select the rig. When I do the same for the second slot I CAN select my rig. So seems only 4 slots usable.

BUT - when I then leave the rig & enter again, the selection has disappeared! Meaning NO slots usable!!

I'm following exactly the instructions in the manual & Kemper video - and it is not working.

1. How can I get rid of the Example Performances?

2. How can I actually store a performance. NOTE - I HAVE MANAGED THIS NOW :)

Honestly, initial feedback is this is a very tricky system to use.

• You didn't answer why there are example performances in my Kemper when purchased btw. Is this normal?

Also, what you describe is different to this video...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I got mine used so can't answer why you have some performances that are labeled that way. The manual has no mention of any of those performance names either. I was always under the impression that they all came blank except for the default "Crunch" profile.

• That was my original question - looks like someone has preloaded stuff which logically would mean system isn't brand new.

Can someone from Kemper confirm that all slots are meant to be blank except for Crunch before I go back to the store?

• I have loaded some of my own now (in fact a lot!), but not all of the rigs listed by kemper as the basic list were present at the start. There were something like 150 loaded when I first used it.

I also can't unfavourite rigs... there were about 90 favourites listed when I first used it. So I have a huge list of favourites that I can't delete...!

• One thing you can do is check the serial number with Kemper. If it's used, chances are it was registered with them.

One member here recovered his stolen Kemper because of that.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• That was my original question - looks like someone has preloaded stuff which logically would mean system isn't brand new.

Can someone from Kemper confirm that all slots are meant to be blank except for Crunch before I go back to the store?

1. Example: Mars Amps

2. Example: Fan Amps

3. Example Ace Channels

4. Example: Steave Channel

5. Example: Song A

6: Example: Song B

these are the performances a PROFILER ships with from the factory

• You didn't answer why there are example performances in my Kemper when purchased btw. Is this normal?

Also, what you describe is different to this video...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sorry if my reply was not clear enough. When I said that "What you describe is the factory default state of the Profiler." I was referring to the fact that every Profiler is delivered with the content you were describing. Everything else I wrote about how to set up performances is true and corresponds with the video from our website. If you have trouble setting up a performance that way please open a ticket and one of our staff will help you. You can also call our support hotline if you prefer that.

• Thanks for clearing that up. Honestly the pdf version of the manual isn't clear on that.

That video shows an editable first slot btw & it looks on there that there are 5 editable slots. Watch the second half & the guy is editing slot 1. The performance is also called Default Performance & there's none of those on my amp.

I can set the performance up in slots 2-5 but seems am stuck with a non editable & therefore useless slot 1. Is this correct?

But good to know not a used amp cheers.

• the performance in the video was created for that video. Of course all 5 slots in a performance can be set just like it is shown in the video. The process how to set up a performance is also outlined in the manual. Please contact support if you have trouble setting up a performance according to those guidelines. There must be some misunderstanding because the vast majority of our customers is using this without any issues.

• Nope - see attached photos. If you look at Crunch when I have that rig selected, the "Slot Enabled" button in top right is greyed out. So I can't do anything with the slot. The button above the Slot Active tick box doesn't do anything as that selection is greyed out. The second pic shows an available slot #2, where I can modify.

So...I have 4 slots to play with & not 5. There might be many users using 5 slots without any worries...but I can't & that's why I'm posting here right....

• Nope - see attached photos. If you look at Crunch when I have that rig selected, the "Slot Enabled" button in top right is greyed out. So I can't do anything with the slot. The button above the Slot Active tick box doesn't do anything as that selection is greyed out. The second pic shows an available slot #2, where I can modify.

So...I have 4 slots to play with & not 5. There might be many users using 5 slots without any worries...but I can't & that's why I'm posting here right....

This is a totally normal behavior. You *cannot* disable slot 1. Ever. You cannot delete the Crunch rig as it is hard-coded into the KPA.

Simply select slot one, currently named Crunch. Turn the browse knob and select whatever rig you want to be there.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• The reason" slot enabled" is grayed out is because you can't have a performance with nothing in slot 1. Any other slot can be empty. I imagine it's grayed out since you can't disable slot 1 so you would never have to enable it.

If you're saying you can't use the Browse button while on slot 1 to pick some other rig (assuming you have at least one or more rigs available in your Browse pool) then you should probably contact support to find out why. Normally, if you want to change rigs on the profile not using Rig Manager, you would highlight the slot you want (Crunch in this case) then turn the Browse button to find the rig you want to use. Then load it with the load soft button to the left of your Browse knob.

If you're using Rig Manager, just copy or drag the rig you want to that Crunch slot.

Hope that helps.

your assumptions are incorrect. You can find all the relevant info regarding this in the main manual that you can download for free from our website.

• Cheers - really quite odd. Used amp twice since your reply - once been able to change slot 1, the second time it just sat on the browse page & the rig didn't drop into slot 1. I did exact same thing both times.

Anyway, cheers for replies & confirmation that all stuff that is in was meant to be there. Just need to sort the favourites issue in my other thread now!

Thanks for the patience with a newbie ;)

• The first small turn of the BROWSE knob just opens the browse screen. Further dials select other Rigs. If Autload is activated (default), those get automatically loaded. That is normal and intended behavior.