Dual Cabinet Concept

• Creative thinking time:/

I was fiddling with my Profiles and thought what if the Cabinet in the stack had a left and right, an extra row of controls, (2 x High - Low - character - Pure Cab).

And the Reverb space effect built into the cab parameters creating that left right feel and having the cab eqs after, creating seperate tone paths, mimiking 2 cabs.

What do you think? :wacko:

Edited once, last by robbon ().

• We are many that wish it would be possible to use two different profiles and the answer it's not not possible. So I assume it's the same with cabs.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• You can also use the main outs with monitors or two FRFRs, and the monitor out with a cab, which is like having FOH plus the cab. And obviously two Kempers with a cab each, using the same profile and two different cabs, or even two profiles, dual amping. If money is no problem.... And the neighbours won't complain...And the wife won't either...:) But we are asking too much from our Kemper, however versatile It may be...

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Obviously I have no idea of the inner workings of the cab block, but because we have stereo effects left and right after the stack, could the designers configure the cab to have a stereo effect like the space reverb in the cab block with left and right eq off the one cab creating different tone one from the other with a slight off set?

It may be a way to create that full sound with out creating a new unit.

Ive always used stereo systems, with amps, racks, digital platforms. I have 2 Boss Katanas with my Kemp stage, sounds great.

• Obviously I have no idea of the inner workings of the cab block, but because we have stereo effects left and right after the stack, could the designers configure the cab to have a stereo effect like the space reverb in the cab block with left and right eq off the one cab creating different tone one from the other with a slight off set?

I also have no idea about the internal workings but this has been asked for several times before and the company has always said it can’t be done for technical reasons.

• You can also use the main outs with monitors or two FRFRs, and the monitor out with a cab, which is like having FOH plus the cab. And obviously two Kempers with a cab each, using the same profile and two different cabs, or even two profiles, dual amping. If money is no problem.... And the neighbours won't complain...And the wife won't either...:) But we are asking too much from our Kemper, however versatile It may be...

Sure but robbon is talking about inside the kemper and not using monitors or two FRFR. You're still stuck with one profile and one cab and not one amp and two cabs as he wish for. :)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Yeah, that's why I said we are asking perhaps too much from a Kemper machine, though these guys at Kemper do listen and provide the machine more and more possiblities with the updates whenever possible. The SPDIF limitations to earlier heads excluded...? But the more versatility the harder the learning curve, which is a minor issue perhaps .

Never too old for rock'n'roll