Some cabs missing??

• Hi everyone, I'm still kinda new at this, but loving my Kemper!

Here's my situation: When I'm browsing thru my profiles, I noticed that there are some that sounded fizzy. I then noticed that the soft button cabinet button isn't lit up, even tho it was a day before on the same profile! When I press it to turn it on, the screen says "empty". I thought all my profiles, from tone Junkies, MB and so on, had cabinets for every profile?? :(

If you guys or gals can help me out, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

• Do you use DI-Profiles? Check the names of the profiles an compare with the remarks on the homepages of TJ and MB. Afaik the profiles are marked with "D".

DI-Profiles are made without cabs.

• I think, some commerical providers like Tonejunkie sell packages inculding DI and Merged PROFILEs of the same amp scenario. DI PROFILEs have the cabinet module "Empty" and need to be played through a physical guitar cab. Otherwise these sound fizzy. With linear speakers you must use Merged or Studio PROFILEs including a cabinet.

Merged and Studio PROFILEs can actually be used in both scenarios, with linear speakers and guitar cabinets.

• Burkhard is absolutely correct. Many profile sellers make packs which include at least some Direct Amp Profiles. These were made without capturing the speaker and are generally intended for people who use a powered Kemper or a Kemper and poweramp into a regular guitar speaker.

I find it incredibly annoying to be happily auditioning profiles which all sound amazing and then all of a sudden a Direct Profile with no cabinet rips my head off. Therefore, I went through my entire collection in Rig Manager and transferred these to separate folders marked Direct. That way I never accidentally get one of these when working with studio monitors. I initially thought it would be a big job to do this but it is actually really easy and quick. How you do this depends on how your Rig Manager folder structure is arranged as RM can’t do sub folder searches unfortunately.

Lets assume you have a folders in Rig Manager for each profile maker. These folder contain a mixture of Studio, Merged and Direct profiles. Select a folder and search on Cabinet field. Make the search N/A. Now you will have all the profiles with either No cabinet (Direct) or profiles where there is a cabinet but the field isn’t filled in properly (I got a few of these when I did it and had to manually put them back in the correct folder but it wasn’t a massive job). With the search showing only Direct Profiles simple select all of these and drag and drop into a new folder. Now move on to the next RM folder containing profiles and do the same again until all folders contain only Studio/Merged OR Direct profiles.

Many profile makers now provide their profile packs already split into Studio and Direct Folders so they are ready to import into individual folders in RM without any extra work.

• I have had Maybe a similar issue:

Played initialy through guitar cab. So I locked the cab section off. Changed and Copied performances. After few months unlocked the cab section and in a lot of rigs the cab section was empty. This was Some softwareversions ago so maybe this issue is solved? Or i did something wrong; at that time i was new to the Kemper

• Thanks, guys, for clearing that all up for me. Yes, it is indeed annoying to have those profiles mixed together while browsing, as wheresthedug stated. I'm gonna use the rig manager to sort those out as well.

Thanks so much for all your help!

• I have had Maybe a similar issue:

Played initialy through guitar cab. So I locked the cab section off. Changed and Copied performances. After few months unlocked the cab section and in a lot of rigs the cab section was empty. This was Some softwareversions ago so maybe this issue is solved? Or i did something wrong; at that time i was new to the Kemper

I don't understand, why you don't activate Monitor Cab. Off to drive a guitar cabinet. Monitor Cab. Off is a global setting, which isn't stored by Rig. This is the method described in the manuals to run a guitar cabinet from the MONITOR OUTPUT or SPEAKER OUTPUT.

If you deactivate the CAB module and lock it that way, this state gets stored with every Rig and Performance that you store. So as time goes by you overwrite ever Performance and Rig with that locked cabinet in off state. And if you load a Direct PROFILE, which has the CAB module "Empty", and lock that, the same happens: as you edit and store Rigs and Performances you "bake" this empty cabinet in every Rig and Performance. This is normal and intended behavior. You store what you hear and see.