1st music post - Disney's "MY FAVORITE THINGS" - Kemper/ Purple Plexi Style!

• I'm new here, don't beat me up... lol :P

Is it okay to share some Kemper sounds here???:)

I'm super happy that I am playing music once again, for a bunch of years became discouraged trying to record at home because every sound I tried to get via plug-in or mic on an amp turned way "too low" (bedroom recording - lol) kinda sounded crappy and sucked the life out of the fun but then I was encouraged to invest in Kemper 3 weeks ago and I feel like a kid again and playing music with AMAZING tone is inspiring !!! The Kemper is MAGICAL!

I bought the Tone Junkie '68 Purple Plexi pack and gave it a test drive and tracked about 12 guitar tracks... I was really impressed with how good it sounds, I've played Marshall all my life but my poor ol' Super Lead 100 MKII hasn't seen alternating current in years, nowhere to really crank it up - but now I can get that tone at low volumes which RULES.

Also a lot of re-amp experimenting going on here, hooked the S/PDIF cables up and captured the DI on each pass. Real fun.

*If you like jazz fusion i.e. RETURN TO FOREVER, WEATHER REPORT mixed in with some Electronica and Hard Rock.. This spin on a Disney classic could interest you.

**BTW all tracks were done with a 68 SG (this site is all about players so hey, thought I'd through in some specs)

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very-adventurous, Dan; Wuddun, mate. 8):thumbup:

So great that your Kemper has reinvigorated your creative side.

Oh man thank you for listening. Yeah, something died with music for a long time (been doing it too long. lol) But I swear this is like rediscovering the joy of playing all over again.

• Cool version :thumbup: Do I hear some influences from Gong and Brand X ?

And yes, I like Return to forever ( Bill Connors era ) and Weather report,

and also Tangerine dream ( -70´s lineup ) ... and Yes 8o

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I was encouraged to invest in Kemper 3 weeks ago and I feel like a kid again and playing music with AMAZING tone is inspiring !!!

This! So good to hear you're enjoying it. Same here, for sure. What I like so much about the Kemper is that it is not a one trick pony. Practising and recording on bedroom level, fine. Works great with great sound. Going for live gigs and rehearsals with hell of a volume? Also fine. And both with reliable results in terms of the sound. Finally it's such an inspiring tool...

halipino nice recording, well done! Kinda wild but definitely with some good sounds in it and well played. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

• This! So good to hear you're enjoying it. Same here, for sure. What I like so much about the Kemper is that it is not a one trick pony. Practising and recording on bedroom level, fine. Works great with great sound. Going for live gigs and rehearsals with hell of a volume? Also fine. And both with reliable results in terms of the sound. Finally it's such an inspiring tool...

Don't forget studio recording, Michael. :pinch:

I'm sure you know this, but for those who don't:

Just 'cause it's possible to mic an amp in a studio doesn't necessarily mean it's desirable. If you know the sound you want, done. If you couldn't be bothered trying different mic's and positions and wanna save time, done. If you don't trust the engineer to do the latter, done. Then of course your live sound on the road sounds just like the album. 8)

• Don't forget studio recording, Michael.

Definitely not forgotten bro :) ...just wanted to mention the two ends of the spectrum in terms of the volume. And that's for sure a topic for many looking at the wide range of discussions here in the forum on "those profiles sound bad! Yep, turn them up and they'll shine" 8o

Then of course your live sound on the road sounds just like the album.

This! I liked my valve amps a lot over the years. But they brought a lot of pain as well over time... and cost as well.

• Is it okay to share some Kemper sounds here?

Yeah sure, very good track , I liked your approach & tones , I really dig prog lines & arrangements.

I felt exactly like you 7 years ago : after 10 years of frustration with my recordings , I nearly stopped playing.

the KPA was such an inspiration and an easy way to record. I think I made more than 200 tracks since :)

• This! So good to hear you're enjoying it. Same here, for sure. What I like so much about the Kemper is that it is not a one trick pony. Practising and recording on bedroom level, fine. Works great with great sound. Going for live gigs and rehearsals with hell of a volume? Also fine. And both with reliable results in terms of the sound. Finally it's such an inspiring tool...

halipino nice recording, well done! Kinda wild but definitely with some good sounds in it and well played. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

Hey brother, thanks.
    I live dangerously via music.. hahhaa
    I hope one day I will get to put the Kemper at the front of the stage, patch it to the mains and hear it open up like a Ferrari. Seems doubtful with worldwide pandemic but in isolation mode it keeps me company... lol

• Yeah sure, very good track , I liked your approach & tones , I really dig prog lines & arrangements.

I felt exactly like you 7 years ago : after 10 years of frustration with my recordings , I nearly stopped playing.

the KPA was such an inspiration and an easy way to record. I think I made more than 200 tracks since :)

Hi waraba, wowo 200 tracks, that is AWESOME.
    I feel newborn all of a suddem
    I hate plug ins so much I almost quit recording for good, who the heck can afford to just step into a real studio anymore and the luxury of cranking up an amp is pretty much a "no-go". God bless Kemper!

• Cool version :thumbup: Do I hear some influences from Gong and Brand X ?

And yes, I like Return to forever ( Bill Connors era ) and Weather report,

and also Tangerine dream ( -70´s lineup ) ... and Yes 8o

Cheers !

Hi Hoki Toki, agreed, love Prog/Fusion as it does not stick to formulas and conventions on a good day. I never felt more boxed in playing straight up rock etc... Not that just hitting the boards and and conquering with some metal isn't half bad though.. lol
    The purple plexi is a really good assortment of sounds.

• Glad to see you get from zero to this level of use out of the Kemper. I haven't gotten into recording mine at all... yet.

Well can't wait to hear what you come up when you do, I'm sure your tones will be off the chart. I'm not even close yet to locking in sounds in performance mode lol just spinning dials to see what is what still. Do you profile your own sounds?

• Well can't wait to hear what you come up when you do, I'm sure your tones will be off the chart. I'm not even close yet to locking in sounds in performance mode lol just spinning dials to see what is what still. Do you profile your own sounds?

I did try a couple of times to profile my PRS Custom 50 clean and crunchy. I don't think I did a good job micing though, and perhaps need better mics as well. I used both a SM58 and a e906. I put the rigs in RE if you want to try them. Author DaveM

• I did try a couple of times to profile my PRS Custom 50 clean and crunchy. I don't think I did a good job micing though, and perhaps need better mics as well. I used both a SM58 and a e906. I put the rigs in RE if you want to try them. Author DaveM

oh cool, yeah when I get a chance I will hunt them down and load them up. PRS actually make some really nice amps, I tried one once at an amp show and it blew my mind, the overdrive was so creamy.