Kemper MIDI not working (help)

• Hey guys!

Recently I've gotten into programming patch changes from Ableton to my Kemper. I have watched all of the videos and followed step by step instructions. Ive gotten to the point where all of the midi switching is perfectly synced to the backtrack. The only problem is that for some reason when being controlled by midi through Ableton, the sound of the presets on the Kemper are changing. For example my rig slot 1 is a high gain amp but is outputting a low gain almost clean tone even though on the Kemper screen it shows that its on the high gain amp tone. This only happens when the midi from Ableton is controlling the program changes. If I disconnect the midi and use my foot controller, everything works perfectly.

Im running Ableton through a focusrite scarlett 18i20 midi out to the midi in of the Kemper power rack.

Does anyone have any suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks,

• I had the same issue. Somewhere along they way, a volume pedal got activated through midi and was needing my signal. Everything sounded like I had the volume rolled back to 7 in the guitar.

In the end, I couldn't figure out where I messed things up so I did a factory reset. Solved the problem. I wonder if there's a global midi setting for wah or volume?

• Hi!

Did you find solution for this problem?

We are having major Kemper/MIDI issues. Would be nice to know if somebody else has this.

Performances load correctly with footswitch and front panel, but do not work with MIDI.

The problem has been the same from the beginning, and it repeats randomly. In the first place, we used only PC commands for building the MIDI files (MSB/ LSB #32 + PC). When the problem appeared again, and loading backup or rebuilding the performance didn't solve the problem anymore, we used CC #47 command for calling the right performance and after that #50 - #54 to select the first slot. After that command the file is the same as before.
    Well, this helped for a moment, maybe 5 gigs, until it started again. There were no changes with the files nor the performances. It seems to be repeating every time when we go through the complete setlist. In the soundcheck when we are testing the sounds, it'll appear approximately every fifth time. The first sound of the performance looks right in the front panel, but is not right in the ears. High Gain sound is suddenly clean, Wet delay sound is suddenly dry with no effects, Intro riff sound is suddenly mute. When we manually go to another slot and back to the first one, the sound is right. This is serious problem.

We are having this issue with multiple performances, four different Kemper units and different MIDI devices.

Ticket opened a year ago, Kemper support offers "corrupted" performances or files. Tried to load backup, tried to save the performance to another location and save it again to the right place using the destination parameter, no help.

We have a Stadium show coming in June so really need to get this fixed, I hope somebody wiser can help! Thank you so much!

Heidi Meri, Guitar Tech