Is it possible to save the input source in performance mode?

• Hello Everyone,

New Stage user here. I have a stereo input that splits the mags and piezo. I have the mags plugged in the main input and the piezo in the return. Is the input source able to be saved in performance mode? I would like to be able to switch between acoustic and electric sounds within a performance rig. This was something I could do with the Helix, but can figure out how do do the same with the Stage.

Thanks!

• i can vouch for the Piezo into FX loop too. Thanks also to Paul’s suggestion a while back.

one other thing you might want to consider is blending the piezo and mag pickups. If you select parallel path then the piezo plus one effct in Stomp B will go straight to the output without going through the Stack. At the same time the mag pickup will bypass Stomp A and B but go through C and D then into the Stack and on to the stereo FX section.

you can control the blend of the two signals via the morph pedal. It works like a dream. The only shortfall is that you can only have one Fx on the Piezo. It would be really nice to be able to have say eq and compression on the piezo then blend the two signals back together before the reverb for a more produced sound.

• Thanks for the suggestion! I ultimately need to have the Fishman Powerchip installed. This will allow me to blend both mag and piezo signals using a standard mono cable. Your suggestion allows for a workaround in the meantime.

Thanks again!

• the problem with blending both through a single mono cable is that both signal need to go through the same profile. You can’t combine acoustic with a distorted amp for example.

To get the most out of a piezo guitar you need either two individual outputs or a stereo/mono output which lets you send two signals down either side of a TRS cable.

• True. I think the stereo cable has more flexibility and options available, however it would be nice to switch between mags and piezo from the guitar.

i can vouch for the Piezo into FX loop too. Thanks also to Paul’s suggestion a while back.

one other thing you might want to consider is blending the piezo and mag pickups. If you select parallel path then the piezo plus one effct in Stomp B will go straight to the output without going through the Stack. At the same time the mag pickup will bypass Stomp A and B but go through C and D then into the Stack and on to the stereo FX section.

you can control the blend of the two signals via the morph pedal. It works like a dream. The only shortfall is that you can only have one Fx on the Piezo. It would be really nice to be able to have say eq and compression on the piezo then blend the two signals back together before the reverb for a more produced sound.

I haven't had a chance to try this yet and understand the limitations if the piezo was place in Stomp A or B. Could the effects loop containing the piezo be placed after the Stack in Stomp X , and before the delay and reverb?

• I'm new to the Kemper and I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but this is what I did to achieve something similar. I started on a clean rig and put the Loop Mono in Stomp X. After the loop are typical chorus/delay/reverb stomps. I set the mix to 0 when only using the mag signal. I set the Loop Mono mix to 70 in the morph section. This allows me to blend both mag and piezo signals in the rig while still hearing the post stomps. I can verify the mag is only coming through when the loop is set to 0 because I can turn the volume on the guitar to 0 and not hear the piezo signal. Once the morph is engaged the piezo signal comes in along with the mag signal. Again if I turn the volume to zero on the guitar I hear the piezo signal, but the mags come in once I turn up the guitar volume.

• Have you tried putting an FX loop in Slot A? I think you will get the rsults you want if you connect the piezo pickup into the return, and set the Loop Mix (Post position) to 100%. When the Loop is enabled, the piezo is routed into the rest of the Kemper. When the Loop is bypassed, the front Input is functional.

This is genius!

Nice profile, but does it go to 11?

• I'm new to the Kemper and I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but this is what I did to achieve something similar. I started on a clean rig and put the Loop Mono in Stomp X. After the loop are typical chorus/delay/reverb stomps. I set the mix to 0 when only using the mag signal. I set the Loop Mono mix to 70 in the morph section. This allows me to blend both mag and piezo signals in the rig while still hearing the post stomps. I can verify the mag is only coming through when the loop is set to 0 because I can turn the volume on the guitar to 0 and not hear the piezo signal. Once the morph is engaged the piezo signal comes in along with the mag signal. Again if I turn the volume to zero on the guitar I hear the piezo signal, but the mags come in once I turn up the guitar volume.

actually, I never thought of that. With mix at 100% having only a return but no send breaks the signal path and kills any signal from earlier in the chain. I never thought about the effect of reducing the mix setting to allow some signal from the stack. I can see how that would work and would give access to any share FX that follow (Delay, Rev etc). The only downside would be that it isn’t possible to combine this with any piezo only FX. For example putting a compressor or EQ on the piezo would also affect the mag signal even though that’s not necessarily desired.

Still your mix solution seems like a good work around. Thanks. Every day’s a school day ?

• i can vouch for the Piezo into FX loop too. Thanks also to Paul’s suggestion a while back.

• yes I do that regularly but that isn’t the limitation. There are only 2 Stomp FX slots available in the parallel path. One of these is being used for the Loop return as the piezo input. The other is available for another effect. I could attach multiple FX to a single button on the remote and turn them all on and off together with a single click but only the FX in Stomp B would be in the signal path for the piezo. I probably haven’t explained that very well even now ?

basically, there is a difference between passing signal through an effect Vs switching the on off state of an effect via the remote.