Make an IR of my cabinet

• Hello,

I’d like to make an IR of my Two Rock cabinet, so that I can play any DI amp profile as if the DI’ed amp was connected to my cabinet. I want to do this, so that the sounds I get when playing through the computer speaker sound more similar to those I use on live rehearsals, when playing through the same cabinet.

Is there a step by step guide on how to make a cab IR using only the Kemper? Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Miguel Barrosa

• I would suggest this:

1. Produce a merged profile

2. Save the cab section

I must be missing something :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I think musicmad has the right idea.

If I were you and I were wanting to make an IR/Cab Section of my Cab in the Kemper, I'd do it this way :

First, make a studio profile. Then, make a Merged profile by making a DI profile of the exact same amp setup and then merge the Cab section from the studio profile.

The "merge cabinet" function works by subtracting DI from the Studio profile and then your left with the Cab section. That's supposedly the best way to capture an Amp and Cab setup and is supposed to be the method you can use for the most accurate Amp and Cab separation. By doing it like this, it's supposed to be the best way to accurately capture a Cab section and be able to use it with other profiles. By using this method you should be able to avoid getting any bleed from any of the previous amp section getting into the Amp section.

Some more knowledgeable experts on the forum can probably chime in if I'm getting any of this wrong lol ^^

But from what I've learned so far, this should be your best bet of getting an accurate Cab section that you can use with other profiles and DI profiles and such.

HTH! :)