SPDIF to Reaper doesn't sound same as Kemper headphone output

• Daft question #2 of the evening.

I've managed to set up Kemper into Reaper via SPDIF & Focusrite 6i6. But I have a fantastic sounding setup through headphones (with Space added) and the output into Reaper is pretty dry. Can I get same sound I have through headphones into Reaper as the recording sound?

The sound coming out of the Focusrite headphone jack has no effects at all. Just seems like raw signal. If I set SPDIF Output to DLY/WET I get the right sound but massively delayed. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited 2 times, last by 1Towneley ().

• Set spdif output to master stereo.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Do you have the space parameter locked to headphones only? Or do you have the cab disabled for SPDIF out? Or does it just sound like it has a different frequency response (check the output EQ settings)?

It might help to have a more in depth explanation of what you're hearing, e.g. is it more fizzy and trebly, or does it sound flatter and less 3d, or does it have clicks and pops and drop-outs, or does it sound like clipping is going on? Maybe even post an example of the sound you're getting.

• thanks for replies. I've got rid of the lag & got an "ok" sound into reaper. I think much of this is due to the honestly mindblowing sound from the kemper headphones. Sending in a backing track for eg. Metallica from YouTube into amp & then playing something like a Diezel vh4 profile over it, with space added, sounds like you're playing on the record.

Guess I thought the Focusrite would transplant that straight into Reaper.

Probably nothing a bit of multitracking won't fix.

• Sorry, I think I misunderstood your last post. I understood that as saying Space effect was only applied to headphone output - and therefore not available for output for recording. Is this incorrect?

• Sorry, I think I misunderstood your last post. I understood that as saying Space effect was only applied to headphone output - and therefore not available for output for recording. Is this incorrect?

It's a setting. Something like "space in headphones only". So you can tick it off.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM