Kammler Mono-Kai Cabinet with Kemper Kone and Kemper Color Scheme

• The Mono Kai is a 1 x 12 OR 1 x 15 cabinet that can house the Kemper Kone driver.

Our ‘first one’ and the ‘primary rock’ of Kammler Tunator® Cabinets.

Now available for ‘Kemper’ Profiling Amps with ‘Kone G12G-200’ speaker.*

This is where a 12″ or 15″ speaker can unfold uniquely and fully, i.e. without competing and overlapping vibrations.

The mono-modular design allows for maximum precision of the sound/tone. At the same time the sound is ‘transparent’ and differentiated. It allows you to perceive playing behaviour (the attack) incredibly quickly and offers many additional combination options:

• greater flexibility in terms of requirements (Club/Hall),
    • which makes for easier and lighter transport.
    • stereophonic or polyphonic set-up options by separation.
    • sound mixture by using different speaker types in each case.
    • Expansion of the sound spectrum by combining with the Bi-Kini.

* With the Kemper® Kone-Speaker available only in ‘black on green’ Tolex. Open cabinet housing is prepared for a optional rear panel.

See it here:

https://www.kammler-cabinets.de/en/1x12-cabinet-mono-kai/

The cab uses an truly innovative driver mounting system using what Kammler calls the Tunator.

In the Kammler Tunator® Cabinet, the individually dampened and framed speaker is connected to the surrounding housing casing. The magnetic driver is additionally fixed by the Tunator® and set into the middle of the housing casing.

The individual fine tuning, the ‘tuning’ of the vibration characteristics of the cabinet, can be done mechanically by the tension unit.

https://www.kammler-cabinets.d…mo_final_980x550_nice.mp4

I am speculating that the Tunator allows you to change driver size from 12 to 15 inch quite easily. This looks like a great way to house a Kone.

• Having looked further at the pics on the Kammler web site I no longer think a cab can be converted from a 12 inch to 15 inch driver. The front baffle doesn’t seem to be removable so the cut out for the driver would be fixed at either 12 or 15 inches.

I do wish the web site had more information including cabinet dimensions. A video on driver installation with tuning instructions would be a plus, too.

I understand that the tuning of the cab is dependent on the cabinet’s casing design. But I would like to see a removable closed back option for a Mono-Kai with a Kemper Kone. Of course it should be an easy to mod for the standard open back cab.

Finally I’d like to be able to buy the Tunator as a separate part. That should make it possible to use multiple drivers in a cab a snap. Pre-mount a few drivers and I’d have a really excellent platform for getting various sounds in my studio.