Really high noise floor on kpa rack

• Hi everyone, bought a kpa rack about 5 month ago , more than happy until yesterday noticed a large noise floor . Strangely enough it was only on some profiles predominantly on amps with distortion . Simply turning on a green scream for example on some profiles with moderate settings could yield a 50/50 Signal to noise ratio, and yes if I use the noise gate it does improve a lot but I can’t help feeling that the noise is still there underneath the signal . It sounds like it maybe electrical interference but strange how it isn’t on clean amps . Anybody else having this problem ? Thanks for any replies ?

• Silly question, but have you checked all input and output levels? Have you changed something or the gremlins came for a beer? Any bad cable?

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• tbird74 does it sound like the gain is significantly higher, in addition to the noise floor? I initially noticed a noise floor issue, but upon further testing, the gain is significantly higher too. For me it is only in profiles that originated in performance mode. If I grab the same amp from my local library, in Rig Manager that the performance was based on, it sounds fine. If I load the amp in performance mode, from the performance, the gain is double. If I load the performance mode profile in browse mode, the gain is roughly double what it should be. Trying to see if you may have the same problem as me.

There are clips in the bottom of Gain significantly higher from profiles originating from performances than browse pool.

is that what yours sounds like?

• the noise gate in the Input menu will change from rig to rig unless locked. The lock function is also independent between browser and performance modes. If you don’t have input locked and a rig you load has high gain and no or very low noise gate setting you will notice a significant increase in noise floor just as you would plugging into a real high gain valve amp.