Programming the Kemper Stage...

• Can the entire unit be programmed from my Macbook? Is there anything, other than load USB files, I have to do on the actual unit that I can't do on my mac? Stuff like assigning patches to the stomp switches, which I have no idea how to do, etc. I downloaded that owners manual but I don't want to read it. If the whole thing can be setup via my Mac, that would take a great load off...just wondering if it can. Thanks.

• I've found the Kemper to be one of the more intuitive and easy to use units. It definitely is one of the easiest to get great tones from Quickly.

But like with any new unit that's going to be an integral part of your setup, you're going to HAVE to learn how to use it no matter what unit you get. Everything takes some time to set up and figure out. If you really want to get good results and want to use all of the capabilities of a piece of hardware, then there's not a way around having to do some learning.

Hopefully you give it another shot! It's a great unit once you familiarize yourself with the UI and get the hang of it :):thumbup:

• I also wish there was a 'Kemper for Dummies' section. I recently bought a Kemper Stage because of the quality of sounds in the music store. I'd like to pick out 5 great amps sounds, save them to the footswitches, and be able to kick selected effects in and out with the second tier of footswitches. I'd also like to use the morph function to add a little gain and boost to each amp for solos. I'm having a rough time figuring out how to save amp sounds to the footswitch of my choice. I've slogged through the quickstart manual, quite a few videos, and parts of the manual that I thought would have the info I need. Nope.

Can someone point me to the page, or video, that shows how to program the footswitches for live performances? I don't consider myself stupid, having been a gigging musician for decades, and running a Protools-based studio. I just don't have the hours needed to wade through all the info available. I just want to load up great sounds and play! :)

• Bushwack For the top tier of footswitches, I believe you can assign an effect to a specific footswitch by pressing the effect button and the footswitch you're wanting to set it to, simultaneously. Also, you can press 2 effects at the same time and a footswitch to set 2 effects to turn off and on at the same time with one footswitch. Or you can assign an effect to a footswitch, turn the effect off, and then assign a different effect to the same footswitch while the other effect is off in order to turn one effect off and the other effect on at the same time. I'm not sure how many effects you can assign to a footswitch but so far I've assigned 2 effects to turn off at once, and 2 effects to cycle "on" between.

Also, you can go into the Rig Menu and go to the "Effect Buttons" page (it should be page 6/6) and from there you can edit what is assigned to which effect footswitch.

I'm sure there are more ways and some of the experts will probably chime in. I hope the way I worded things weren't too confusing lol! I'm sure someone will help me out and correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. But until some of the other experts on the forum chime in, I hope this helps:)

Edited 3 times, last by SeanChristopher: Corrected some accidentally incorrect info. Had to change "System Menu" to "Rig Menu" ().

• Use Performance mode.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These tutorials in general are great for getting to know the unit, without wading through the manuals text.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I also wish there was a 'Kemper for Dummies' section. I recently bought a Kemper Stage because of the quality of sounds in the music store. I'd like to pick out 5 great amps sounds, save them to the footswitches, and be able to kick selected effects in and out with the second tier of footswitches. I'd also like to use the morph function to add a little gain and boost to each amp for solos. I'm having a rough time figuring out how to save amp sounds to the footswitch of my choice. I've slogged through the quickstart manual, quite a few videos, and parts of the manual that I thought would have the info I need. Nope. what are the most common side effects of arimidex?

Can someone point me to the page, or video, that shows how to program the footswitches for live performances? I don't consider myself stupid, having been a gigging musician for decades, and running a Protools-based studio. I just don't have the hours needed to wade through all the info available. I just want to load up great sounds and play! :)

taken in consideration that i am just about to buy a Kemper, i would really wish to find a "Kemper for Dummies" book.

anyway, i am just starting the learn and i understand that there is a lot i should be checking, reading and learning. I guess i should start with programming and i am going to appreciate absolutely any information.

if you found anything useful, please update. thanks

Edited once, last by aenacom: grammar ().

• taken in consideration that i am just about to buy a Kemper, i would really wish to find a "Kemper for Dummies" book.

anyway, i am just starting the learn and i understand that there is a lot i should be checking, reading and learning. I guess i should start with programming and i am going to appreciate absolutely any information.

if you found anything useful, please update. thanks

Just watch the videos in the tutorials playlist on YouTube that I linked to (the second video). That will cover pretty much everything you’ll need, and the manual and demos from the Kemper or Tone Junkies channels will fill in the rest when you’re more at home.

• sorry to hear that. I hope you find the right solution for you.

out of curiosity, what was it about the Kemper that wasn’t for you?

I think it sounds harsh. There's a weird artificial sound on the high e string on all of my guitars on every patch, especially my Les Paul. It's definitely a marvel of a piece of hardware, but it's just not for me. I actually wrote this post 3 weeks ago, took it back out of the box and am no further with it than I was then.

• I'm a Vox lover myself and I own an AC 30 and a Morgan Dual 40 head.

Now please load the MORGAN AC20 profile by rmpacheco.

It’s pure bliss!

If not there’s something wrong.

I will look for that one....as I can't bring myself to return it. I'm actually making some progress.