S/PDIF - Git/Master Mono recording with phase issues

• Hello,

I am recording 2 signals via S/PDIF simultaneously, the studio git signal and the master mono in different tracks. However, if I look closely, the tracks are not in phase.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. You can't record Git Analog via S/PDIF, what you get is Git Studio.

2. Git Analog would always be faster cause it skips the entire Kemper AD/DSP/DA chain.

3. Git Studio should be faster as well because it skips the entire DSP (Stomps, Stack, Effects) chain.

4. You don't need to fix this if you record DI only for the purpose of re-amping.

5. In your case I guess you want to mix Bass and Bass DI ... here you should align either by dragging the events accordingly or by using the Track Delay function (milliseconds) in Cubase.

• 1. You can't record Git Analog via S/PDIF, what you get is Git Studio.

2. Git Analog would always be faster cause it skips the entire Kemper AD/DSP/DA chain.

3. Git Studio should be faster as well because it skips the entire DSP (Stomps, Stack, Effects) chain.

4. You don't need to fix this if you record DI only for the purpose of re-amping.

5. In your case I guess you want to mix Bass and Bass DI ... here you should align either by dragging the events accordingly or by using the Track Delay function (milliseconds) in Cubase.

Yeah I meant Git Studio. The purpose is to mix both tracks in mono, so I have to align the tracks. I will check the Track Delay function thanks.

• It seems perfectly out of phase so flip the phase of one of the tracks instead of delaying.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• It seems perfectly out of phase so flip the phase of one of the tracks instead of delaying.

In the first pic I put I can do that. But in the last pic I put is not that clear. When the tracks are not in phase in certain parts but they are in others, is it anything I can do to fix that?

• If it's caused by the conversion it should be constant. Do you see changes within the same take?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• If it's caused by the conversion it should be constant. Do you see changes within the same take?

The processed and the git studio takes are always the same take. The phases have nothing alike with each other. In some places I can just invert the phase and go on, in other places I can leave it like that and my doubt is if I can do something to match the phase 100%, with some aftermarket plugin or in the daw. Because I guess the kemper hasn't got any functionality related to this.

• Does anyone know a way to match the phase perfectly in 2 audio tracks without completely invert the phase of one of them?

This thing is making me crazy. The kemper just sends the analog and the processed signal in a way that you cant just reverse the phase of one of them, because the waves of both are not synchronized, are completely different.

Is any way to make different audio waves in phase with each other perfectly?

I can't mix the analog and the processed signal of the kemper together and I'm finding this feature completely useless.

• ... my doubt is if I can do something to match the phase 100%, with some aftermarket plugin or in the daw. Because I guess the kemper hasn't got any functionality related to this.

In the Output Section, enable the Kemper's "Constant Latency" feature. Now the latency of the processed signal (in your case, the Master Mono output) will always be the same even across different Rigs / Profiles.

Record an audio spike through the Studio Guitar and Master Mono routes via S/PDIF as you've been doing.

Now, either:

Insert a track-delay plugin on the channel that's ahead and tweak the delay time (no repeats, of course) until the tracks align. Save the setting as a preset ("Kemper Track Align", for instance) and place this plugin, preset-loaded, into your project template on the appropriate track/s.

or

Manually nudge the track that's ahead 'til it aligns with the other, taking note of the number of samples required. Either do this manually in future by entering the nudge amount via your keypad or, if your DAW has it, insert a track-delay plugin that allows you to specify the number of samples as the delay, entering the number you just came up with, of course. This should then always work perfectly because you've enabled the Constant Latency feature.

The short spike should make it easy to align the two signals.

HTH, mate.

• Many thanks, didn't know about that "constant latency" feature.