12 string effect

• So now we have an acoustic sim, the next logical step seems why not a 12 string acoustic sim?

I realize you can create an effect similar to a Digitech Mosaic by combining a little ring mod and the analog octaver. But it still has that odd warble and transient and the bass should be cut before the octaver but left in the original signal, so you quickly run out of routing options.

It would be really nice to have this in one effect. I feel pretty confident that Christoph and team could make something that actually sounded better than the existing stomps out there.

• +1

Simulations of other stringed instruments such as banjo

That would be handy if you're looking to cover the theme from the original BBC Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. You'd also need a synth of course, but it's the banjo that makes it art. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• May I suggest that you experiment with the micro pitch effect, I’m getting very 12 string like sounds, albeit very processed sounding but pleasing to me.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• May I suggest that you experiment with the micro pitch effect, I’m getting very 12 string like sounds, albeit very processed sounding but pleasing to me.

There is definitely a little truth in micro pitch shift sounding like a 12 string but only due to the fact that the pairs of strings on a 12 string rarely sound perfectly intonated and in tune. The fact that it only deals in cents also means it goes nowhere near the octaves needed to sound like a 12 string.

Not saying it does not sound nice. I use it all the time.

I always think of micro pitch shift as like a chorus but static and with no modulation movement or beating. So, great for widening clean sounds and especially good on distorted rhythm sounds where the same amount of chorus can end up as a swirly mess. Swirly mess is nice sometimes too ?

Micro pitch shift also sounds great placed before a chorus to get a really nice complex modulation going on without having to use too much chorus. Think of all those classic 80’s LA clean sounds.
    But, if you need the octave sounds of a 12 string, micro pitch will only simulate the subtle intonation discrepancies between pairs of strings and not the actual 12 string sounds.
    Your post has given me some ideas to be messing about with though. Sending a micro pitch into a chromatic pitch. Maybe a chorus in between to slightly modulate the micro pitch aspect before it hits the octave sound ?