Noise coming from Send 1 (Direct Output)

• When I open the rig manager I suddenly have lots of noise, Real high volume from the send 1 output (direct output) that I didnt have before i open RM. When I close it it goes back to normal. does anyone know anything about that? (I got it set to git analog)

theres also unwanted noise that happens no matter what even when no guitar connected or even no cable connected to the send. i also have the send lifted, if its grounded it produces even more noise.

I dont believe the kemper should produce noise in the way of an analog connection, it should be direct with no interruptions.

• sounds like a ground loop or non isolated power issue from the USB connection. Have you tried flipping the ground lift switches on each output.

What is the correct way to do it? as for now i have the lift on send 1 and all the others are on ground, if i change the send 1 I get even more noise, if I change the main output I also get more noise.

Send 1 gives noise no matter what which is a huge bummer, I have to get it fixed. Its not super high volume but it sucks, when i get into RM it gets a lot louder and very significant noise.

• if it is a ground issue it can be a bummer to try and locate. Often trial and error is the only option but you need to be methodical. Try all combinations keeping track of the outcome of each. If this doesn’t solve it and it only occurs when connected to the computer it sounds like a USB issue. You can get isolated USB cables/hubs but I’m not expert on these unfortunately. I used to have the same issue when connecting my RJM mastermind PBC to the editor while connected to amps etc at the same time. Eventually I resorted to only plugging into the editor when not playing music. Every time I anted to play I made sure the USB was disconnected. That was OK for me as the RJM editor only configured pedal/loop switching but didn’t change any sound itself. unfortunately Rig Manager’s editor needs the KPA connected to hear the effect of changing parameters so I don’t think my RJM solution would be much help. Instead you would need to find a way to isolate the USB port.

But remember, I am only suggesting this might be a possible cause of your problem. i haven’t actually heard the specific noise or seen settings/connections etc so I could be way off. The only concrete thing I can say is you need to be careful and very methodical in working through possible causes/solutions. If you are finding no joy with that definitely reach out to support and they should be able to help diagnose with you.

hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

• if it is a ground issue it can be a bummer to try and locate. Often trial and error is the only option but you need to be methodical. Try all combinations keeping track of the outcome of each. If this doesn’t solve it and it only occurs when connected to the computer it sounds like a USB issue. You can get isolated USB cables/hubs but I’m not expert on these unfortunately. I used to have the same issue when connecting my RJM mastermind PBC to the editor while connected to amps etc at the same time. Eventually I resorted to only plugging into the editor when not playing music. Every time I anted to play I made sure the USB was disconnected. That was OK for me as the RJM editor only configured pedal/loop switching but didn’t change any sound itself. unfortunately Rig Manager’s editor needs the KPA connected to hear the effect of changing parameters so I don’t think my RJM solution would be much help. Instead you would need to find a way to isolate the USB port.

But remember, I am only suggesting this might be a possible cause of your problem. i haven’t actually heard the specific noise or seen settings/connections etc so I could be way off. The only concrete thing I can say is you need to be careful and very methodical in working through possible causes/solutions. If you are finding no joy with that definitely reach out to support and they should be able to help diagnose with you.

hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

thx mate. ill try different stuff. im starting to get concerned my house has something to do with it