Delay when changing presets on remote

• Greetings fellow Kempers!

Im quite new to this Kemper family and i found out that when changing from one preset to another on my kemper remote there is a delay time before the new preset changes and applies. That can't be normal, can it? It might be 0,4sec or less to the next preset changes, and when perfoming live thats not a good thing.

Is this normal or do anyone have any feedback on how this might be fixed?

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Best regards,

Alex Gregersen

• I use a midi controller (Midi Mongoose) and there is either no or an imperceptible amount of delay when switching presets. Not exactly the same situation though, since you are using the Remote.

• Welcome Alex!

In performance mode switching should be gapless.

That's what it was made for.

• But are you changing sounds within one performance, or between different performances?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yeah it's weird. Do you by any chance have a video of it happening?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Please note that while the LEDs and the screen on the Remote take a split second to update when switching between Performance slots, the audio changes immediately (less than 4 ms). You can test this by recording in your DAW; record the direct out of the KPA alongside a microphone picking up the click of the switch.

• that’s a very good point that Sam is making. I remember thinking that there was a significant delay but I wasn’t hearing it so I couldn’t work out what was going on. It turned out that I was looking at the remote when changing rigs and the screen wasn’t updating immediately even though the sound was. Psychologically I assumed there was a delay because my eyes trump my ears in terms of credibility.

• Thank you all for your feedback and help. I will try in the upcoming days and see if it its just psychologicall, and try changing with the front buttons and see if there is a delay.

Once again, thank you all for the help!

/Alex

• I found out that there is longer delay when changing from one preset to another when kemper is connected to computer via usb and rig manager is on. But delay almost dissappears when you unplug the computer. Delay in lights remain though.