This Thing is AWESOME! ....Maybe?? 2nd Head in Less Than 2 Months and Needs Repair!

• This is my SECOND Kemper in less than 2 months after making my original purchase in June 2020 (the first one had a defective S/PDIF connector/signal). I'll be sending this in for repair, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this or similar issues?

Should I be concerned that I will be plagued with issues with this thing? I love the features and versatility of this amp, but the last thing I need is to be tinkering with issues throughout the lifecycle of my time with this - especially at this price point!

I'm using:

AMP: Kemper Profiler Power Head 600w
    GUITAR: 1990 Ibanez RG570
    INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlet 6i6 into a 2018 15" MacBook Pro
    SPEAKERS: Alesis M1 Active MK2 Studio Monitors

(VIDEO TO DEMONSTRATE THE ISSUE)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You’re using the rear input, which is noisier (it’s designed to take the output of a mixing desk). This behaviour is detailed in the manuals. Use the front input if you’re going via cable straight from your guitar.

• sambrox - I would love for you to point me to where exactly in the manual it states that the rear input will create more noise versus the front...AND that it will behave like my mine does in the video I posted. It's not an indefinite and continuous noise. It digitally fades out after a minute or two and only after it's been turned off for at least several hours before tuning it on. Did you actually listen to the whole video and hear what my Kemper does towards the end? That's not normal amp behavior in any capacity.

Ingolf - I have a replacement unit on the way from the factory.

• sambrox - I would love for you to point me to where exactly in the manual it states that the rear input will create more noise versus the front...

They've changed the wording somewhat since the last time I read this part of the manual, but you can see that it clearly states that the rear input is noisier.

AND that it will behave like my mine does in the video I posted. It's not an indefinite and continuous noise. It digitally fades out after a minute or two and only after it's been turned off for at least several hours before tuning it on. Did you actually listen to the whole video and hear what my Kemper does towards the end? That's not normal amp behavior in any capacity.

OK, this part I missed.

• They've changed the wording somewhat since the last time I read this part of the manual, but you can see that it clearly states that the rear input is noisier.

OK, this part I missed.

Yup - I tried the front input, and it's much quieter this morning versus previous days - AND the weird frizzy build up/fade out didn't occur at all. Definitely a strange quirk, but I can live with it if that's by design. I'm just worried about my $2000+ investment.

So, although I'm not all that happy that I'll probably have to use the front input for recording to ensure a cleaner signal, I stand corrected! Thanks sambrox!

Edited 3 times, last by centersj: RESOLVED ().